BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Is there a "double click" on the 8700?

Please Login to Remove!

Sometimes when I click the trackwheel on an item, usually in "Opera Mini", it automatically selects the default option (like "select" or "OK").

I like this option, since it spares me one click. But I would like to know: is that a "feature" or a "defect"? If it's a feature, I would love to know the right way to do it.

I have seen this behaviour with Opera, but I can't say for sure that it happens ONLY in opera or it's BlackBerry related. I didn't find anything about this in the Opera Community forums.
Offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
ryant06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiddler View Post
Sometimes when I click the trackwheel on an item, usually in "Opera Mini", it automatically selects the default option (like "select" or "OK").

I like this option, since it spares me one click. But I would like to know: is that a "feature" or a "defect"? If it's a feature, I would love to know the right way to do it.

I have seen this behaviour with Opera, but I can't say for sure that it happens ONLY in opera or it's BlackBerry related. I didn't find anything about this in the Opera Community forums.
Opera annoys me in that since, because, you have to select or ok everything. If you use the BB browser, you can highlight an underlined link and hold the trackwheel down for like 2 seconds and it will automatically "double click" the link instead of clicking the link and then selecting it in a menu option.

Hope that made since,

Ryan
__________________
Ryan Thistlethwaite
Owner, Baethos Clothing
http://baethosclothing.ecrater.com

AT&T 8310 Titanium - BIS - v4.5.0.124 (Platform 2.7.0.92)
Offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant06 View Post
Opera annoys me in that since, because, you have to select or ok everything. If you use the BB browser, you can highlight an underlined link and hold the trackwheel down for like 2 seconds and it will automatically "double click" the link instead of clicking the link and then selecting it in a menu option.

Hope that made since,

Ryan
on BB Browser, instead of clicking on thumbwheel to click on selected item, you can use your button when the link is highlighted. . .
Offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
ryant06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
on BB Browser, instead of clicking on thumbwheel to click on selected item, you can use your button when the link is highlighted. . .
Good tip to know, thanks.
__________________
Ryan Thistlethwaite
Owner, Baethos Clothing
http://baethosclothing.ecrater.com

AT&T 8310 Titanium - BIS - v4.5.0.124 (Platform 2.7.0.92)
Offline  
Old 02-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

or just hold down the track wheel
__________________
BES Admin - BES 4.1.4.15
MS Exchange 2003 SP 2
Windows Server 2003 - SBS
Offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
BBbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 9520
OS: 5.0.0.973
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile & ePlus
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
on BB Browser, instead of clicking on thumbwheel to click on selected item, you can use your button when the link is highlighted. . .
and in opera you can make the same thing with the button.

But think it only works with normal keyboards... the 7130 and pearl are out.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.