Originally Posted by penguin3107
They're charging points for a desktop charger.
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't find a cradle for sale that looked like it connected in that way. With regards to the shocking, the reasons that I thought it was not a static shock was because it happened only when it was resting on something metal, the shock did seem stronger than a normal static shock, and that I inadvertantly touched the connectors each time it happened. Either way, I have been careful not to touch those connectors when it is charging since then. Static or not, I agree with you that it could ruin my device.
Thanks for the help guys!