BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Moving POPed emails off a Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I work for a university who does not have a BES server. Normally, our customers are set up as IMAP automatically, but this users somehow set up as POP on her device. Now she has two Blackberries. One is hers and one is being given to the new person. The problem is, since the POPed Blackberry is the one that is given back, she needs all the emails off of it that have been sent down from the server to the device. There is almost 200 emails on it. So that is too much for her to resend each back to the server, plus, since this item is still POPing, they would probably just come back down. I have been trying to find a way to remove those emails, but I have not found anything that worked. Someone on the web mentioned using Desktop Manager to bring all the emails down, but I can't find where to do that in there. Is there anyone out there that has run into this issue in the past?

Also, if she does end up having to send out the emails again back to herself, does anyone know how to remove the option for it to go out and look for mail, but still be able to send out? I know you can choose to have it go out manually, but when you send out an email, does it go out and look at that point?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatregirl26 View Post
Hi all,

I work for a university who does not have a BES server. Normally, our customers are set up as IMAP automatically, but this users somehow set up as POP on her device. Now she has two Blackberries. One is hers and one is being given to the new person. The problem is, since the POPed Blackberry is the one that is given back, she needs all the emails off of it that have been sent down from the server to the device. There is almost 200 emails on it. So that is too much for her to resend each back to the server, plus, since this item is still POPing, they would probably just come back down. I have been trying to find a way to remove those emails, but I have not found anything that worked. Someone on the web mentioned using Desktop Manager to bring all the emails down, but I can't find where to do that in there. Is there anyone out there that has run into this issue in the past?

Also, if she does end up having to send out the emails again back to herself, does anyone know how to remove the option for it to go out and look for mail, but still be able to send out? I know you can choose to have it go out manually, but when you send out an email, does it go out and look at that point?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!
Try using the Desktop Manager "Switch Device Wizard"
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know it moves everything else, but do I need to do anything special for it to move all the emails?
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No. It should make an exact copy of the phone sans any third party apps that were installed. Be sure to have them login to their BIS site and update the PIN and IMEI with the new device information.

Give it a shot. If it fails just back the old device, wipe the new handheld and do a restore.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I will give it a try. The customer is located in another state so as soon as I get a hold of her I will give that a try. THank you so much for your help!!!

Here is the other thing though. She will still have 190 emails on the Blackberry that are located no place else but the Blackberry. It would be safer to move them to the computer (at least as a back up) but I haven't found a program that will do that. Any thoughts? I know she can re-email all of them back, but for 190 I would love to find another way for her. I would think there would be software out there to do that, but I haven't found anything yet. :(
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator
 
d_fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Model: 9700
OS: SID 6.7
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,455
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatregirl26 View Post
Here is the other thing though. She will still have 190 emails on the Blackberry that are located no place else but the Blackberry. It would be safer to move them to the computer (at least as a back up) but I haven't found a program that will do that.
You can backup the BlackBerry but there is no way to 'sync' those emails back to another email account. Her only option would be to email them all back to herself and make sure the account is set to leave messages on the server.
__________________
Doug

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Doug, that was that I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming that for me. I am glad I haven't wasted any more time searching for something. Bummer though. Thanks again for the help!!!! Both of you!!!

Jen
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,036
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

Email doesn't sync. AFAIK, the only way to get them there is to resend.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatregirl26 View Post
I will give it a try. The customer is located in another state so as soon as I get a hold of her I will give that a try. THank you so much for your help!!!

Here is the other thing though. She will still have 190 emails on the Blackberry that are located no place else but the Blackberry. It would be safer to move them to the computer (at least as a back up) but I haven't found a program that will do that. Any thoughts? I know she can re-email all of them back, but for 190 I would love to find another way for her. I would think there would be software out there to do that, but I haven't found anything yet. :(
Here you go!

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cool!!! How did you find this? I ask because I think my searching skills are not the best and any help is great! THANK YOU FOR THAT!!
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What about configure Reconciliation on the Desktop Manager? I don't seem to have access to that, but I haven't googled it yet either to see how I get that. Would that be worth looking into?
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nevermind. I found my answer. Can't do it with a BIS. Only a BES. Thank you all for your help!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.