I need a smart phone and I've narrowed down my choices to BB 8800 and BB 8820. I need the phone in order to have Internet connection over wi-fi. Here are my questions.
1. Can I connect to Internet, browse and check my webmail with wi-fi completely independent (without charge) from the Rogers network (I'll be using Rogers network for my cell phone)?
2. Can I make free phone calls (without charge from Rogers) using application like Skype from BB if I'm connected to wi-fi network?
3. I'm planning to buy the BB on eBay (I already read the FAQ here Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ
) and most BB there are from AT&T. Would I have any problems on the Rogers network if I buy one of these phones?
3. Any major drawback in not having a data plan (I will use webmail exclusively and I don't care for the BB email capabilities - I just need wi-fi PDA cell phone combo)?
4. Which one would you recommend 8800 or 8820? What are the important differences between the two?
Thanks for your time!