Latest 8800 OS: 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 vodafone.de This OS will load on any carrier's 8800 model as long the users follows the instructions below exactly as written.
Package Version: 22.214.171.124
* Applications: 126.96.36.199
* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
* File name: 8800M_PBr4.5.0_rel52_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11.ex e
* File size: 78MB
Click here to download: Hilfe & Support / BlackBerry / BlackBerry-Handhelds / BlackBerry 8800 vodafone.de
Instructions for installing:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. Currently, the latest version available is 4.3 and may be downloaded here: http://www.blackberry.com/go/softwaredownloads
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader
4. Plug in the BlackBerry and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization." Don't unplug from the PC & Don't remove the battery unless the spinning hourglass has been there for 30 minutes or more. If the hourglass has been spinning for more than 30 minutes continuously you will need to wipe the device with JL_Cmder (close out of Desktop Manager during this process.) You will then end up with a white screen with small icons and an error code number like 507 or 543.
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507/543, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
Link to Previous OS Thread: Click here *Note: During Beta testing of this OS on TMobile devices many sim cards were "fried" and had to be replaced. Load on TMo devices at your own risk.
*Note: Also, on all devices it's a good idea to make a backup of your media card before loading OS 4.5. Constant reboots can occur when using media cards formatted in OS 4.2 or 4.3 in OS 4.5. Then reformat the media card in OS 4.5 and restore your data.
*Note: While in Application Loader be sure and check the boxes to add Documents To Go to your device. Failure to install Documents To Go will cause java errors in some 3rd party apps.