BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Craig.E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Emails not marked as read in outlook

Please Login to Remove!

We have a BES implementation at work, and I've been speaking to one of our users. When reading mails on his blackberry, they don't get marked as 'read' in outlook. This has been going on for a couple of days.

Can anyone suggest what I should be trying to get this working?
Offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
i2sam77@yahoo.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-MO
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That is normal, If you were to erase mail from you BB,it would not erase from the exchange server either.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
cgladba1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First remove you battery for about five minutes then put it back in. If after a little while, this does not work there are two things to try..... remove the user's name from the BES and readd it and/or send the user new service books. I suggest doing all of what I have just indicated but do the battery removal first to see if that fixes it first and foremost.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Craig.E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2sam77@yahoo.com View Post
That is normal, If you were to erase mail from you BB,it would not erase from the exchange server either.
That sounds exactly the opposite to the way it works... I was under the impression that if you delete on the BB, it deletes on the server. And read messages really should be marked as read on exchange after being read on the BB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cgladba1 View Post
First remove you battery for about five minutes then put it back in. If after a little while, this does not work there are two things to try..... remove the user's name from the BES and readd it and/or send the user new service books. I suggest doing all of what I have just indicated but do the battery removal first to see if that fixes it first and foremost.
When you say remove from the bes and re-add. Will I need to remove him, re-add him, set an activation password and have him re-activate? Or can I just remove him (leaving his BB settings on when asked) add him back on and hope it works?
Offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
funkyp56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: iPhon
OS: 3.1.2
PIN: iPhones have no PIN
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 257
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig.E View Post
We have a BES implementation at work, and I've been speaking to one of our users. When reading mails on his blackberry, they don't get marked as 'read' in outlook. This has been going on for a couple of days.

Can anyone suggest what I should be trying to get this working?
try messing with the cached mode settings in outlook too.
__________________
BES 5.0.0.137 w/30 Users
Network Admin
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.