I have 2 7100i's I need to unlock, however all the instructions tried so far do not work.
I saw this thread, but instructions didn't work for either device:
Originally Posted by barjohn
How to turn Wireless Mode Off:
1. Scroll to the Airplane Icon (Turn Wireless Off.)
2. Press Select.
3. Wireless Mode will turn off.
4. REMOVE the SIM card
5. Power On the Device (Put the Battery back in)
How to SIM Unlock the device:
1. Go to the "Tools" screen
2. Select "Settings"
2. Select the "SIM Card" option
3. Type MEPPD
4. It should then display a list "SIM, Network, Network Subset, etc..."
5. To select "Network" type MEPP Alt-2
6. It should then ask for the code
7. Enter the unlock code
The main issue is step 5, MEPP Alt-2 doesn't ask for the code, neither does MEP Alt-2 or MEPD Alt-2
Anyone had this problem?
Does anyone have a solution??