GSM Version of 8700 c/f/g/r/v ONLY
This release includes East Asian Languages in addition to English.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.124 (EastAsia)
Package Version: 126.96.36.199
* Applications: 188.8.131.52
* Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
* File name: 8700EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel52_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.168_V odafone_Dialog_(Sri_Lanka).exe
* File size: 61.12MB
and select 8700v from the list
Instructions for installing:
This OS will work on any GSM/GPRS/EDGE 8700c/g/v/f/r
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed.
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find the previous version of this OS, click here