BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default E-mails from work not coming through?

Please Login to Remove!

Just started happening the last couple of days.
I have pulled the battery, no joy.
Cannot send e-mails from BB either, whether to work colleagues (cannot look them up in the company directory, it freezes) or friends outside the company.
When I try and reconcile, I get the 2 diagonal blue arrows showing something is happening but old e-mails deleted from desktop computer still show up on BB and no recent e-mails appear.
Have sufficient device memory.
Put a call in to company helpdesk who aren't sure what is going on.

Any thoughts?
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,634
Post Thanks: 28
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

If you are on a BES, and from the sounds of it you are, have your BES admin remove you from the system and then add you back in. If only BIS, remove the account at the AT&T website and add it back in again. Frequent battery pulls after most every step of the process probably wouldn't hurt either.
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waterloo: Home of RIM
Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,008
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (7250)

Still working there? Are you sure? ;)
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
If you are on a BES, and from the sounds of it you are, have your BES admin remove you from the system and then add you back in. If only BIS, remove the account at the AT&T website and add it back in again. Frequent battery pulls after most every step of the process probably wouldn't hurt either.
Yes, we are BES. I will call our (un)tech help desk and suggest this route. Any negatives to this action?
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First, check to see if you still have a data plan by trying to send a PIN message. I have had similar situations where the account got corrupted on the carrier side.

Also, you don't need to be removed from the BES, you can just reactivate the device with your account. You could also try having them resend the service books to your device.
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

As Scott said, no need to remove and readd you to the BES, an activation should work. It sounds as if you lost connection with the BES. Did you do anything in the past few days, such as upgrade the OS on the device?
Online  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
As Scott said, no need to remove and readd you to the BES, an activation should work. It sounds as if you lost connection with the BES. Did you do anything in the past few days, such as upgrade the OS on the device?
I don't have the ability to manually upgrade the OS - how can I find out what version I am running and when it may have been updated last? And what should I tell the techies to do???

Thanks for help so far all
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

You can find out what OS you are running by going to Options > About. You won't be able to tell when it was last updated to the new OS. The BES admin would need to set you with an activation password, and then you would need to enter your email and that password on the device to activate it.
Online  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
You can find out what OS you are running by going to Options > About. You won't be able to tell when it was last updated to the new OS. The BES admin would need to set you with an activation password, and then you would need to enter your email and that password on the device to activate it.
It says I am v4.2.1.79 - is that relatively recent? And where would I enter the e-mail and password?
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

That is not new. I am not sure what would have broke the connection to the BES. To enter in the activation credentials, go to Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation.
Online  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Whenever you perform a reboot- I would recommend that you always remove the sim for a few seconds. When you replace both sim and battery, it will then perform a Security verification with the servers!!! If this still doesn't work, then request that your BES administrators resend you the service books!! Hope this helps
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
That is not new. I am not sure what would have broke the connection to the BES. To enter in the activation credentials, go to Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBTS View Post
Whenever you perform a reboot- I would recommend that you always remove the sim for a few seconds. When you replace both sim and battery, it will then perform a Security verification with the servers!!! If this still doesn't work, then request that your BES administrators resend you the service books!! Hope this helps
Told Tech to resend the password, waiting for them to do this.

Also requested resend of service books.

Thanks again, will let you know how it goes
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS - Simply Everything Baby!
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

When in doubt, send a message from your device, wait for it to fail (red X) and then open the message. It will provide you just enough information for you to interpret what may be going on and then BlackBerry.com/support will finish it up .
__________________
Equipped with BES 4.1.4 MR3, JLoader, BRK, Simulators, and a can of whoop ***. Let's get things cracking in here.
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmncnGy View Post
When in doubt, send a message from your device, wait for it to fail (red X) and then open the message. It will provide you just enough information for you to interpret what may be going on and then BlackBerry.com/support will finish it up .
Just sent a message from my BB to my work e-mail and it went through! Shows up on my desktop computer but not in my BB - what gives? Seems like the problems are that messages received on my desktop don't go to my BB and when I try and use the look up in the company directory it "times out" (meaning the 2 blue arrows stay in the upper right hand corner).

Ideas?
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS - Simply Everything Baby!
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are the messages being filtered? Delete or disable all your filters and ensure that the default action is set to forward (this will take time to replicate to the BES).

(Also, check folder redirection, ensure that all folders in Outlook which you'd like to synchronize with your BB are enabled under Folder redirection on the device. (Inbox, Options, Email settings (Track Wheel or Menu button) and choose Folder Redirection, place a check box on the folder(s) and Save the changes - Allow time for replication or reconcile now..)
__________________
Equipped with BES 4.1.4 MR3, JLoader, BRK, Simulators, and a can of whoop ***. Let's get things cracking in here.
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmncnGy View Post
Are the messages being filtered? Delete or disable all your filters and ensure that the default action is set to forward (this will take time to replicate to the BES).

(Also, check folder redirection, ensure that all folders in Outlook which you'd like to synchronize with your BB are enabled under Folder redirection on the device. (Inbox, Options, Email settings (Track Wheel or Menu button) and choose Folder Redirection, place a check box on the folder(s) and Save the changes - Allow time for replication or reconcile now..)
No filters, redirection as was before the thing crapped the bed. Seems like this is a BES issue . . .
Offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS - Simply Everything Baby!
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah, start checking out the logs.
__________________
Equipped with BES 4.1.4 MR3, JLoader, BRK, Simulators, and a can of whoop ***. Let's get things cracking in here.
Offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BUMP - still no resolution, work techies still yet to reply. Come on collective genius of BB Forums, pls help! No e-mail, no internet!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.