BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   OS: 8800 4.5.0.72 / 4.5.0.52 (MultiLanguage/East Asian Lang) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/141508-os-8800-4-5-0-72-4-5-0-52-multilanguage-east-asian-lang.html)

John Clark 07-22-2008 04:27 PM

OS: 8800 4.5.0.72 / 4.5.0.52 (MultiLanguage/East Asian Lang)
 
Software For BlackBerry® 8800 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.75 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.75
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 4.5.0.52
  • Software Platform: 2.7.0.66
  • File name: 8800M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_Orange.e xe
  • File size: 73.79MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld


Download here.

For East Asian Language Support: Click Here.

Instructions for loading on ANY carrier's 8800 device:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed.
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click here.


Note: This release does not include the preloaded wallpapers/custom folder icons. It seems RIM has removed these from the OS.

shrienki 07-22-2008 04:34 PM

Has anyone tested this version for bugs?

John Clark 07-22-2008 04:36 PM

Many are running it on other devices....It's a good release.

btaylor1 07-22-2008 04:39 PM

thx john clark. our firm's tech guys won't help me get this for my 8820 until i can find under here (and i'm not savvy enough to get it done on my own)

http://www.wireless.att.com/bbdownloads

frustrating too since 9000 bold (with correctly lettered keyboard <g>) seems so punishingly slow coming out!

Software For BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.305 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.305
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.2.169
* Software Platform: 2.4.0.67
* File name: 8820M_PBr4.2.2_rel305_PL2.4.0.67_A4.2.2.169_AT&T.e xe
* File size: 79.88MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software

shrienki 07-22-2008 04:42 PM

I'm a bit afraid to even try it due to the horrible experience I had w/ the last update.. :(

John Clark 07-22-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btaylor1 (Post 1028189)
thx john clark. our firm's tech guys won't help me get this for my 8820 until i can find under here (and i'm not savvy enough to get it done on my own)

http://www.wireless.att.com/bbdownloads

frustrating too since 9000 bold (with correctly lettered keyboard <g>) seems so punishingly slow coming out!

Software For BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.305 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.305
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.2.169
* Software Platform: 2.4.0.67
* File name: 8820M_PBr4.2.2_rel305_PL2.4.0.67_A4.2.2.169_AT&T.e xe
* File size: 79.88MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software

AT&T hasn't released it yet. Sorry.

btaylor1 07-22-2008 05:25 PM

10/4 thx mr c

rdrakea 07-22-2008 07:07 PM

Did they remove it? Or am I overlooking it?

x14 07-22-2008 07:12 PM

Just checked. It's not there anymore.

rdrakea 07-22-2008 07:15 PM

I think the link is to the wrong carrier. Go to the post for the 8820 software and follow the link; you can grab this version for the 8800 there, too.

John Clark 07-22-2008 07:21 PM

Strange....it was there this morning. Oh well...I linked to Orange Romania and that link is working ATM.

dyd_dog 07-23-2008 11:17 AM

also available from Tim_italy ;)

John Clark 07-23-2008 11:19 AM

Lots of carriers are beginning to release these. We're not going to link all of them as the only important thing is the version number, not the carrier name.

klax3 07-23-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1028447)
Strange....it was there this morning. Oh well...I linked to Orange Romania and that link is working ATM.

Worked fine. Installed great, no problems to report at the moment. Thanks 8-)

caggie01 07-23-2008 05:17 PM

I'm went into "option" prior to installation loading and unchecked all the foreign language options so it would load "English" only. Hopefully it will save some space. What about "Documents to go" will the 8800 support it, if I pay the subscription?

dyd_dog 07-23-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1029469)
Lots of carriers are beginning to release these. We're not going to link all of them as the only important thing is the version number, not the carrier name.

I was just trying to help users giving them another option.
Normally people say "thanks", you're just discouraging a new user like me to post again.:-o
thanks

John Clark 07-23-2008 06:07 PM

I wasn't rude or inconsiderate. it was not intended the way you seem to have taken it.

caggie01 07-23-2008 06:11 PM

I upgraded to this latest version and got an error message, "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" any suggestions what it means?

John Clark 07-23-2008 06:13 PM

When did you get the message? Did you install Documents To Go?

John Clark 07-23-2008 06:37 PM

New OS posted here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.