no compose sms > cannot send sms > cannot send text messages
I have a blackberry 7290 with cingular and after a whole week of
calling them every day we figured out that since the mechine is
Cingular Unlocked that was part of a corporate server there is something
calle IT Polycy that prevents sending sms,
if you go to options> security options > general settings
you will see in the bottom IT Policy name: some name
if you have it
Here is the solution:
Please follow the steps below to obtain the blank policy:
1. Backup the handheld. [Open Desktop Manager > Backup & Restore > Backup]
2. Perform a security wipe on the handheld [Options > Security Options > General Settings > Click the track wheel/menu button and click "Wipe Handheld"]
3. Copy the "Policy.bin" file [attached] into the following directory: "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry"
4. Close and re-open the Desktop Manager and connect the handheld.
5. When the handheld makes the connection to Desktop Manger the blank IT Policy will be applied. (To verify this, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings and check the place where it said "IT Policy Name:" this should no longer appear there.)
6. Once the policy has been applied, please ensure that you delete the "Policy.bin" file that was copied to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry. If you do not remove this file, Desktop Manager may not behave as expected.
At this point, you can restore your backup file or specific databases to the handheld.
So call blackberry and ask them to send you this file
Thanks for the post. This is well documented here and we also have a Black IT Policy available. Welcome to the forum.
Yes that's been a problem for many in the past. I myself prefer the desired method, which is much simpler. Perform a factory wipe using JL_Cmder. (y)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.