Originally Posted by rpfeffer
We use 7290 devices here at work, but if I personally wanted to upgrade, could I just switch my SIM card to my new device and add my new device to the enterprise server? I'm the BES admin, so I can take care of that, I was just wondering if it is a huge process, or just as simple as if I were replacing my device with another 7290.
Also, is there somewhere I could get a 7100 series device brand new, but for a good price? Thanks in advance!
You will need to follow these steps.
1. switch SIM to the new device.
2. Call provider (cingular... whatever) they will need to update your account with the new IMEI on the device (can be found in the menu or under the battery). make sure that you have a GPRS signal before you hang up with them!
3. connect the device to the BES and confirm the PIN change. Your BES account should now display the new pin.
4. backup data on old unit if desired and then restore to new device (takes awhile)
5. if no backup is wanted you are done.
This sounds like a lot, but it's not. I have about 100 of these to do.