BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Blackberry 7750 is a Lemon! Stay away! My new 7250 is 10-times better!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I thought I was the only one who HATED, (let me restate that) HATED his 7750. After over a year of problems, I just traded it in on a 7250, and BOY AM I HAPPY with this new unit! I see that lots of you have had the same experience: 7750 bad, 7250 great.

I replaced my 7750 hardware 3 times due to failure (no exaggeration). Fortunately, I had the "extended service" deal with my provider (Verizon). There was never a problem with Verizon's service, by the way. It is the 7750 hardware that absolutely sucks! I would classify the 7750 as a LEMON.

I originally bought the dam thing because of the large screen. Well, after all of the frustration and wasted time of this thing breaking, I am a very happy man to have traded it in on the 7250.

The 7250 is much faster (no lag like the 7750).
Navigation is much more robust.
The 7750 screen would go "on the fritz" all of the time. it would lose its resolution, etc.
Offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 7750
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default me too

Yes. I had a 7750 and:

- it was <really> slow.
- the keyboard slowly stopped working until it was completely useless.
- it would drop calls if I got an email.
- call waiting would not work.
- web browsing was useless. slow, painful
- i couldnt effectively run <any> 3rd party apps.

it really was a piece of crap. Telus would not give me the 7250 unless I signed a 3 year contract - even though my bill is $300+ a month. My companies policy right now is not to sign any contract as they would like to negotiate a fleet deal. So, I paid full price for the phone.

As soon cell numbers become portable (within a year) I will happilly jump the Telus ship and take my BB, $3600 + year phone usage, phone number with me to a worthy provider!
Offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waterloo: Home of RIM
Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,008
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolthang
Yes. I had a 7750 and:

- it was <really> slow.
- the keyboard slowly stopped working until it was completely useless.
- it would drop calls if I got an email.
- call waiting would not work.
- web browsing was useless. slow, painful
- i couldnt effectively run <any> 3rd party apps.

it really was a piece of crap. Telus would not give me the 7250 unless I signed a 3 year contract - even though my bill is $300+ a month. My companies policy right now is not to sign any contract as they would like to negotiate a fleet deal. So, I paid full price for the phone.

As soon cell numbers become portable (within a year) I will happilly jump the Telus ship and take my BB, $3600 + year phone usage, phone number with me to a worthy provider!
I agree that the 7750 was a poor model. However, I'm curious: You say the device would drop calls if an email came in. CDMA 1X devices cannot exchange data (except SMS) while on a call. Are you sure that was the cause?!

You won't be able to take your Blackberry with you when LNP becomes available in late 2007. But you will be able to take your number...
Offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 7750
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88
I agree that the 7750 was a poor model. However, I'm curious: You say the device would drop calls if an email came in. CDMA 1X devices cannot exchange data (except SMS) while on a call. Are you sure that was the cause?!
I'm sure you're right. However, my 7250 doesn't drop calls when I get an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88
You won't be able to take your Blackberry with you when LNP becomes available in late 2007. But you will be able to take your number
I hope you're wrong about it taking almost 2 years. It only took a year to implement in the US (AFAIK).
Offline  
Old 09-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Mark Rejhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 4,870
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88
I agree that the 7750 was a poor model. However, I'm curious: You say the device would drop calls if an email came in. CDMA 1X devices cannot exchange data (except SMS) while on a call. Are you sure that was the cause?!
What happens is that the 7750 would sometimes randomly drop the phone call (but NOT because of the email). But once the phone call is dropped, it automatically downloads pending emails after the end of a phone call.

So, yes, the emails come right after the phone call, but the phone call did not cut off because you were receiving email. It just happened to automatically download email right after the 7750 randomly dropped the call "for no reason".
__________________
Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
Author of XMPP extension XEP-0301:
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.