I have a BB 8820. I tried setting up the WI FI connection and now my phone wants to turn on and off by itself... it will turn on and load then say "memory card removed" then it will turn itself off. I DO NOT HAVE A MEMORY CARD(thats why it seems odd to me) Is there a reset button i can push or is there any way i can fix this?
please help its my only phone..
Thank You All
P.S...I TRIED ALL THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS but i get stuck when i try the installation registry for the DESKTOP MANAGER. it prompts me for a password that i dont have.
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?
Note: If you are connecting via a USB HUB then these instructions may not work. Try connecting via USB on a PC that is not using a HUB.
1. Download and install Jl_Cmder to your PC ( Click here to download Jl_Cmder )
2. Make sure ALL your data (i.e. contacts, appointments, memos and etc) are backed up or synced before proceeding! This will wipe everything off of the device
3. Make sure you have the latest version of both Desktop Manager and the Handheld OS installed on your PC. If you need them then download them from here:
Desktop Manager and Handheld OS List
4. From the PC navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file vendor.xml
If you have never installed the Handheld OS before then the vendor.xml file will not be on the PC and you can skip this step
5. Plug the device into the PC using the USB cord and make sure Desktop Manager is closed
6. Remove the battery from the device
Wipe The Device
1. Wipe the device using Jl_Cmder
This may take several attempts to connect to the device, so keep trying until it connects and wipes
2. The device will reboot to a white screen with a '507' error
If the device will not connect and wipe after several attempts then please follow the instructions here:
What to do next if Jl_Cmder will not connect and wipe
Install OS and Restore
1. Open Desktop Manager and select Application Loader
2. Install the OS by following the prompts and selections
3. The device will reboot. It can take up to 15 minutes for the 1st boot.
4. Restore the previously made backup or re-sync
5. Install the battery back into the device and unplug from the PC
and now when i put my battery back in it says "507 error"