You won't like most of the answers, but here's a shot..
* why do i get weird mail in my IMAP and exchange accounts with attachment from
? i can't tell where the hell they're coming from, and only know that they seem to be some metadata being funneled to the blackberry via my mail accounts.
Somehow during installation, you told Desktop Manager to use the BlackBerry Redirector. That generates the etp.na.blackberry.net e-mails, but the redirector has no place to put the messages. You may want to uninstall and reinstall desktop manager and make sure you are selecting the correct install for the BWC.
* i've fooled around with profiles, but how can i set it so that calendar, task, sms, and voicemail each buzz me twice (because they're presumably urgent), and email and browser buzz me once. the phone doesn't seem to be honoring the 'beep number' setting.
No, it doesn't. Sorry. No answer on this one.
* even when my profile has everything set to vibrate (mute), the IM client still sounds audio (along with a buzz). is there a way to completely turn off audio in the IM when you get a message?
I don't speak IM, so I can't even guess :)
* how do i turn on automatic keylock WITHOUT A PASSWORD? enabling security timeout, but disabling password STILL makes it ask for the password when unlocking.
I manually lock the keyboard using the "Keyboard lock" function, but I don't know of anyway to automatically (based on a time) lock the keyboard without a password. Good question.
* how can i get rid of all the useless builtin bookmarks that t-mobile builds in? my bookmarks are like in a default-collapsed folder that is almost off the screen. expanding and scrolling sucks!
That's easy. You can't.
* is there a way to load my own images onto the device to add to the pictures application?
Pst them to a web site and point the browser to the web site and select the pictures. No other way (until v4.0 which will allow for JPG and GIF attachments).