BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
visortgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 9930
OS: 7.0.1.163
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 540
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
I've been fighting this all day, finally decided to ask for some help.

I had the Bell OS and then upgraded this AM to the Sprint .201. After the upgrade was done, I went to activate on my BES and it hung at Activating Services.

I've tried downgrading back to the Bell (it hangs now). I've tried upgrading to the Sprint and wiping the phone (preserving 3rd party). I've tried activating through Desktop Manager. Still no go.


Any ideas?


TIA
I initially had the same experience. A few things to try (if you haven't already):
  1. Make sure that your wireless radio is on -- I often forget that the upgrade process turns off the radio.
  2. Reboot ([ALT+CAPS+DEL] twice or battery pull) the device after attempting to Activate, but failing.
  3. If #2 does not initiate the Activation after a few minutes, connect the device to the Desktop Manager while the PC is connect to your Corporate network, either locally or via VPN. This appears to authenticate the device for whatever reason.

Last edited by visortgw : 03-05-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
dmccann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My preloaded images are gone. Weren't they included in this release?
Offline  
Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,100
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 152 Times in 125 Posts
Default

This should help you out : http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...them-here.html
Offline  
Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi guys - I installed 4.5.201 on my Verizon 8830. Everything works great except that the SIM card is now not recognized. It worked fine before this on 4.2.x.

Any ideas? Have rebooted multiple times
Offline  
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsfriend View Post
Hi guys - I installed 4.5.201 on my Verizon 8830. Everything works great except that the SIM card is now not recognized. It worked fine before this on 4.2.x.

Any ideas? Have rebooted multiple times

nevermind guys. my IT guy put the card in backwards. It works great now
Offline  
Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 42
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I keep getting an error when I go to download it to my computer anybody know what this means?

Error 1335. The Cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package.
Offline  
Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.x
PIN: N/A
Carrier: GSM
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi.. I upgraded my SPrint 8830 to 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sp rint.exe

The issues I am facing -
1. Free memory drops automatically & keeps dropping everytime u run an app.
2. Every time I reboot, I get a popup - You have inserted a SIM card - WOuld ulike BB to automatically select GSM or CDMA NW? - How to disable that?
3. In address book, Now I get only names on display. The Tel nos are visible only after I select a specific contact & press View. This is too cumbersome.. Any idea how to fix this?
4. Lastly my only reason for upgrade to 4.5 is to be able to use Docs to go. SO Anyone has any other sugegstion to be able to use Doc2go or similar tool with v4.2.x? Then I will happily reverse my upgrade till RIM releases the proverbial Fix.

I am not using my BB in USA but in India. Hence I am Operator agnostic in terms of SPrint/Verizone etc. SO pl advice if there is a foolproof v4.5.x for 8830 which I can install on my 8830.
I am also using Aerize Card Reeder but am unale to load my Doc2go on it. ANyidea?
Thanks
Offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZ
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgregory29 View Post
I keep getting an error when I go to download it to my computer anybody know what this means?

Error 1335. The Cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package.
I had the same problem downloading it to Vista. Seems either the AVG AV or Vista's 'defender' package were corrupting the file, despite several tries. Download worked fine from a different machine.
Offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Umm on a side note, BBMaps now lets me access GPS data on my Verizon 8830.

It ROCKS!
Offline  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0.0.428
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Anyone Else Using Aerize Optimizer?

I recently downloaded and installed the Aerize Optimizer package in an effort to help manage the memory on my 8830.

Does anyone else have experience with this package? I can't get a good feel for whether it's really helping me out much at all or not.

Thanks!
Randy
Offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #51 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I used Aerize Optimizer and it did not seem to do any better than following any of the memory optimization guides I I found here or the crackmem type apps
Offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Model: 9650
OS: 5.0.0.810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Aerize card loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrum View Post
I recently downloaded and installed the Aerize Optimizer package in an effort to help manage the memory on my 8830.

Does anyone else have experience with this package? I can't get a good feel for whether it's really helping me out much at all or not.

Thanks!
Randy
I don't know that Aerize will do diddly for memory management OTHER than to let you load and run programs from your SD card rather than store it on the bb itself.

I use it regularly; my 8830 usually has anywhere between 10M and 13M of available memory with several apps loaded on the SD card, like:

amAzegps
Google maps
Google sync
Quickpull
BuzzMe
Tetherberry (beta)
Sprint Navigation
Nav4All
MissingLight
Offline  
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #53 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

I've just upgraded from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.135 on Verizon. Everything appears to work well, but ALL the ringtone sounds coming out of it are terrible. They all appear to be on the wrong frequency or something. They are irritating at best. :(

Anyone else experience this?
Offline  
Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick3222 View Post
I don't know that Aerize will do diddly for memory management OTHER than to let you load and run programs from your SD card rather than store it on the bb itself.
Actually Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility (which you are talking about) is different from Aerize Optimizer, the former has some value, the latter, well, I think it should just be included as part of the former.

I bought the one like a moron when I wanted the other is the only reason I know

Loader is aerize.com/blackberry/software/loader/
Optimizer is aerize.com/blackberry/software/optimizer/

Oh and Krakberry I did the same and did not have a problem with ringtones.
Offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

I figured out my "problem." I migrated from 4.2.x to 4.5. Apparently the 4.5 version uses some new ringtones as found in this file in the 4.5 software folder: net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_8830.cod

They sound terrible and off frequency compared to the "legacy" 4.2 version which is represented by this file: net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_qualcomm.cod

This post has a procedure to move back to the old ringtones and solved my problem completely in a couple easy steps.
I cant post the link, but its in the "Beta you than me" forum called "noob-guide-how-get-back-ringtones"

Too bad I lost my old account info
Offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #56 (permalink)
SMR
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default One-Click web shortcut problems with upgrade?

I just upgraded my Verizon 8830 from 4.2 to 4.5. So far, I really like the new interface for email and calendar and some of the browser improvements - including whatever you would call the pointing device now used to select an item in a web page. And, GPS is working (on and off) on BB Maps.

But, I am having a problem with the one-click shortcut icons to sites like Wall Street Journal, CNN and NY Times. Once I completed the upgrade, the shortcuts would only open with the Blackberry Browser and we do not use MDS, so I need to use the Internet Browser. And, when I deleted and tried to re-installed the shortcuts, I get a rim error message. So - does anyone using v 4.5 use the shortcut icons for web sites and if so, any suggestions on how to get them installed and working properly?

Thanks for any advice. This is a great forum.

-SMR
Offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
visortgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 9930
OS: 7.0.1.163
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 540
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
I just upgraded my Verizon 8830 from 4.2 to 4.5. So far, I really like the new interface for email and calendar and some of the browser improvements - including whatever you would call the pointing device now used to select an item in a web page. And, GPS is working (on and off) on BB Maps.

But, I am having a problem with the one-click shortcut icons to sites like Wall Street Journal, CNN and NY Times. Once I completed the upgrade, the shortcuts would only open with the Blackberry Browser and we do not use MDS, so I need to use the Internet Browser. And, when I deleted and tried to re-installed the shortcuts, I get a rim error message. So - does anyone using v 4.5 use the shortcut icons for web sites and if so, any suggestions on how to get them installed and working properly?

Thanks for any advice. This is a great forum.

-SMR
Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser. Make sure that Default browser configuration is set to Internet Browser, not BlackBerry Browser. Also, some of the shortcuts are not OS v4.5 compatible -- once you select the shortcut, select B from the keyboard (keyboard shortcuts must be enabled) in order to launch the Browser, and the shortcut will properly open. BerryReview, for one, recently updated their shortcut in order to resolve the issue.

Last edited by visortgw : 03-12-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
SMR
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser. Make sure that Default browser configuration is set to Internet Browser, not BlackBerry Browser. Also, some of the shortcuts are not OS v4.5 compatible -- once you select the shortcut, select B from the keyboard (keyboard shortcuts must be enabled) in order to launch the Browser, and the shortcut will properly open. BerryReview, for one, recently updated their shortcut in order to resolve the issue.
I had made the change to the default browser settings. I notice that when I click on the short cut, it launches the browser in the background, and I can get the browser to display by then clicking on the Browser icon and it brings up the short-cut web page. I then tried your suggestion of using the B key, but it brings up my phone application. Sorry to be so dense about this, but how do I activate the keyboard shortcuts and is it generally better to have keyboard shortcuts instead of one-button speed dialing, etc?
Offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
visortgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 9930
OS: 7.0.1.163
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 540
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
I had made the change to the default browser settings. I notice that when I click on the short cut, it launches the browser in the background, and I can get the browser to display by then clicking on the Browser icon and it brings up the short-cut web page. I then tried your suggestion of using the B key, but it brings up my phone application. Sorry to be so dense about this, but how do I activate the keyboard shortcuts and is it generally better to have keyboard shortcuts instead of one-button speed dialing, etc?
I prefer to enable keyboard shortcuts. One-button speed dialing still works -- what changes is that you need to open the Phone app (green receiver key) in order to dial a number. It also eliminates "Your butt is dialing me!"

To activate keyboard shortcuts, open Phone app, select Options --> General Options from menu. Change Dial From Home Screen to No.
Offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Call timer gone after upgrade

I am sure I am just missing a setting some where but I can't find it....since I upgraded to 4.5.135 the call time is no longer showing up on my phones display. Does anybody know how to get it back?

Sorry for the dumb question!

Patrick
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES INVERTER MODULE
$24.95
ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES INVERTER MODULE  picture10KV High Frequency High Voltage Transformer Booster Coil Inverter Chic^vNJCA
$0.97
10KV High Frequency High Voltage Transformer Booster Coil Inverter Chic^vNJCA pictureBrand New- Power Stroke Camo 1000 Watt OHV Inverter Generator PSI1000RT
$469.99
Brand New- Power Stroke Camo 1000 Watt OHV Inverter Generator PSI1000RT pictureWEG 00118EP3ER1431C-W22, 1 HP, Rpm-1750, Fr-143 TC, Encl. TEFC, Inverter Motor
$169.98
WEG 00118EP3ER1431C-W22, 1 HP, Rpm-1750, Fr-143 TC, Encl. TEFC, Inverter Motor pictureNEW Yaskawa GPD 515/G5 AC Motor Drive/Inverter CIMR-G5M23P7
$1000.0
NEW Yaskawa GPD 515/G5 AC Motor Drive/Inverter CIMR-G5M23P7 picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.