10-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Join Date: Oct 2004
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | 7100t questions
Please Login to Remove!
I need a device which I can use for remote administration on the road. Basically, I need a decent data plan, good coverage and SSH access (which necessitates a good text input device). I would ideally prefer to have a device which I can use via USB / Bluetooth to get internet access on my PowerBook also. Sync is not something I'm very concerned with, but it would be nice.
I ordered a Nokia 6820 from ATT Wireless yesterday and I'm already dissatisfied with the service. I don't know if it's the phone or ATT's service, but it loses signal a LOT. I've got 30 days to play with it, so I'm going to see if it gets any better. In the meantime, I'd like to further investigate my backup solution: T-Mobile & the 7100t.
So, I'd appreciate it if any knowledgeable folks could answer a few questions for me:
1. Have any of you used an SSH program with the 7100t? How did the text input work since it's not a full keyboard?
2. Is T-Mobile's coverage/service reliable?
3. Can you use the T-Zones with the 7100t? $5/mo for net access is not too bad... If not I assume you have to get the BB Unlimited plan.
4. I know the 7100t only does headsets via Bluetooth, but is it possible that someday Blackberry will pull their heads out of their butts and let us use bluetooth for data connectivity for laptops? I can understand if corporate users don't want to have that on their employees' phones, but this is a device for consumers, give us a choice at least!
5. How's the voice quality of the phone? The 6820 seems staticky and faded unless I use the speaker phone. I'm not big on headsets either, but I would consider using one.
6. Any issues with battery life?