BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Ufone
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default updating my 8800 os any problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys
I just purchased an used Blackberry 8800. Its os version is 4.2.xx
When I connected to desktop manager, it always ask for update the softwares. As I proceed, it warn me that you must go for email setup again. I stoped, now I want to know about any problems after update the software. As set was genuinely from UAE, and the person sold me is not available too. So any suggestions, guidelines what to do and how to do??
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
dankarlinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Posts: 3,391
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Your emails are already set up?

If so, what you need to do is do a "Backup and restore"

Hit the backup, and let it do its thing. It will backup into a IPD file for later use.

THEN, do your update apps and once everything installs fine, and is loaded back up to the Home Screen, you can restore the backup in the "backup and restore" menu. (U need to hit restore. Lol)

This should restore everything u need (inc. Emails, calander events, address books, etc.)


IF, by some very slim chance it doesn't work, u can call the UAE and get your passwords for your email address, but I have never had a problem with the backup/restore and emails.



Good luck. And post back here either way to let us know how it turned out. =)
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Ufone
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Dankarlinksky
I dont need to call UAE for emails and passwords. I just think that if it ask for keystore password or anything that relate to genuine owner. May this was locked and the shopkeeper unlocked to sell me. (as some time sets are locked for contry changes).
I will try to do this man.
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Ufone
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

tell me one more thing, what the factory based password for key store would be? As nokia etc set it to 0000.
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Abdullah View Post
Thanks Dankarlinksky
I dont need to call UAE for emails and passwords. I just think that if it ask for keystore password or anything that relate to genuine owner. May this was locked and the shopkeeper unlocked to sell me. (as some time sets are locked for contry changes).
I will try to do this man.
Am I to understand you are not the rightful owner of this handset? If you are not, please make every attempt to return it to the rightful owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Abdullah View Post
tell me one more thing, what the factory based password for key store would be? As nokia etc set it to 0000.
There is no factory key store password. This is always set by the owner of the device after a wipe.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Ufone
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hy dc/dc
I think you got a misunderstanding. There are a lot of Pakistani peoples working in UAE and KSA. When they poeple come to Pakistan they sold there mobile sets in open market. I purchased this set legally from mobile shop. Now a days there are a lot of blackberry and other PDAs available here. I dont think RIM doesnt allow to resell the handhelds, is there any restriction like this??
for the key store, I think my question is not clear.
There is an application on the desktop named Password Keeper, I set the password easily for it. But there is another feature called key stores in options>security, what is this in actual and why desktop manager asked for it password when its sinchronizing?
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Abdullah View Post
Hy dc/dc
I think you got a misunderstanding. There are a lot of Pakistani peoples working in UAE and KSA. When they poeple come to Pakistan they sold there mobile sets in open market. I purchased this set legally from mobile shop. Now a days there are a lot of blackberry and other PDAs available here. I dont think RIM doesnt allow to resell the handhelds, is there any restriction like this??
for the key store, I think my question is not clear.
There is an application on the desktop named Password Keeper, I set the password easily for it. But there is another feature called key stores in options>security, what is this in actual and why desktop manager asked for it password when its sinchronizing?
Ok, but you mentioned the "genuine owner' which would indicate you are not the genuine owner and are possibly in possession of a stolen device. I know how phones are bought and sold in the Middle East because I've lived there, and even though you paid for the phone, it may have been stolen.

Anyway, I understood the question perfectly about the keystore. The key store has to do with identity certificates on the device, not the Password Keeper. The DM asks for this password because there are certificates on the device that need to be synchronized. The way to remove this password is to wipe the device, and re-install DM without the certificate synchronization feature.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Ufone
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bundle of Thanks Buddy.
You are right but I am not responsible for any past mishap as I purchased from a proper shop. I dont like to purchase from and unkown person. I was purchasing one from an owner who want to switch to Curve, but he is approx 800+ KM away from my city so I purchase it. Thankx for help
Offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default bb8800

I have a problem with my bb8800 the screen is white with a cirlcle in the middle and a code 543. and It doesn't do anything it just stays like that.
I need to reset because the usb is not reading the phone.


help please!








Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Your emails are already set up?

If so, what you need to do is do a "Backup and restore"

Hit the backup, and let it do its thing. It will backup into a IPD file for later use.

THEN, do your update apps and once everything installs fine, and is loaded back up to the Home Screen, you can restore the backup in the "backup and restore" menu. (U need to hit restore. Lol)

This should restore everything u need (inc. Emails, calander events, address books, etc.)


IF, by some very slim chance it doesn't work, u can call the UAE and get your passwords for your email address, but I have never had a problem with the backup/restore and emails.



Good luck. And post back here either way to let us know how it turned out. =)
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.