11-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Aug 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | BUGS: enterprise wireless sync & email... Anyone else?
Please Login to Remove!
I purchased the 8700 on 11/26 and found two bugs thus far. First, I have setup the device for wireless sync with our corporate enterprise server. The enterprise activation only completes to about 90% and then stops. My "tasks" are included in the remaining 10% so they never get to the BB. I do have wireless sync enabled as the option. I tried to create a new task on the BB, as well as the desktop and all I get is the little "clock", meaning that it is queued up for sync. I have tried several times to perform the enterprise activation and it simply will not complete.
The second issue is that all of my email on the enterprise exchange server wirelessly sync'd to the BB perfectly. After completion, I checked to ensure that new messages would arrive, and then did. In addition, I logged into my cingular web client and setup the new device to receive my personal email. This worked just fine as well. After all of my testing, I went into the mailbox on the BB and selected "Delete Prior" as I had messages from the past week that I wanted to purge in one swipe. It deleted all but about 5 messages which will not delete, period! I mean, what the heck is this all about?
At this time, I am searching for two critical items. A hard reset function or a number directly to RIM without having to go through Cingular tech support. Like they are going to know how to support this brand new device. I have searched the manual, as well as the web and the only info that I can find on resetting is to pull the battery. BB users know all this does is basically reboot the device. I need to wipe all of the info from it!
Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated! Especially, a phone number to RIM or a hard reset (wipe) command!
Last edited by plisken : 11-27-2005 at 09:28 AM.