After reading aLL the posts and trying everything, particularly in this thread
, I had zero luck. So I went into a Cing. store and they gave me even lass help. SO I called the BB help line at Cingular (866-490-2666) and got a guy who really did not know anything about this, so I was discouraged, at first. He tried a to add what the other threads say is required (WIX Data something or other..., you know what I'm talking about), but couldn't find a way to do that. Even more discouraged at that point. So then he did a couple things and had me give it a try, and out of nowhere I was able to login to Verichat, Yak-On and HelloWorld without ANY problems! I was floored. So I will lay out EXACTLY what happened on our call and what he said he did, and I hope this helps others out there in need.
1. First he had me turn off the wireless connection.
2. Then he deleted my BB Unlimited Data plan.
3. He then added the same plan back again, kind of reset the package I guess.
4. Then he had me turn on the wireless connection again.
5. I got a welcome message from Cingular about adding the new feature.
6. Then he told me to go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, and he told me to click on the top entry and choose Register Now.
7. Then he told me to go back to my home screen and check for the HTML Browser. I told him I did see it there, which was odd because I hid the browser icon yesterday because I use the middle convenience key to load the browser. He said that it is present now because it is a different browser from the one I hid, so I checked the hidden icons and sure enough the other browser was still there. Turns out the old one is the WAP Browser, labelled Cingular Browser, and the new one is the HTML Browser, labelled Internet Browser. Bonus!
8. Then he said when he deleted and then re-added the BB Unlimited plan that I mentioned above, the new browser was installed with it.
9. He also added the "wap.cingular" plan (no cost). This is what I believe allows me to avoid the tunnel errors, so I imagine this is the most important. I am just giving my entire process in case you need the whole procedure to get access like I did.
10. Now when I check the feature list on my account I do NOT have anything with WIX on it, just the BB Unlimited plan, that's all. So I guess you don't need the WIX stuff like the other posts claim.
Now keep in mind that this is what worked for me, and I am in the Seattle area. I understand that different markets may have different methods, but this works for me. Now I have instant access to the map program and the chat programs - flawless.
Hope this helps at least one person.\!