A few 7130e/VZW email questions
I'm thinking about buying a 7130e from verizon, and I had a few questions about the email support. I have three potential email sources (I may or may not use all three) - personal email, and two work emails. One of the work emails would be BES-based. The other work email is currently not BES based, and I use Outlook, but it is not an exchange server (it uses POP3). Home email is Yahoo mail. There are several scenarios that I might end up in, and I may or may not use all three accounts with the BB.
1) Can I use the desktop redirector with the Outlook/POP3 work email, or does it have to be Outlook/ExchangeServer?
2) If the second work email were to upgrade to Exchange/BES, could I support more than one BES account (i.e. both work emails) from a single 7130e?
3) If the second work email stays as Outlook/POP3, is there any way to configure the 7130e to allow me to select the account that I want to use when sending outgoing email (i.e. set the "From:" or "Reply-To:" fields to my work/home email address based on my selection when I compose the message)? Are outgoing emails sent only through the VZW/Blackberry server, or can I configure them to route through my work/home SMTP servers (both of which requires user authentication)?
Thanks in advance...
2) Sorry I do not use bes servers
3) 50% sure you can but would have to look into it.
Sorry I could not help with more
I do believe that you are only able to have one BES account active - but I could be missing something.
I do know that I am able to send and receive e-mail from both my BES /Corporate Oulook address and my BB Web Client address - When I send or receive an e-mail through Web Client, it does not go through my company BES at all. Also, I have an auto signature on my corporate Outlook e-mail and it does not show up on the e-mails sent form the Web Client address.
Thanks. I'm really curious about #3 ... assuming my second work email stays as Outlook/POP3, then I'll need to use the Web Client to either pull messages or to forward them to my address, and when I reply I really need to be able to set either the "From:"/"Reply-To:" field to one of the two accounts (on the fly) so that when someone replies to my BB email, the reply gets sent to the correct place (not just my BB). Can anyone clarify whether it works that way?
Thanks in advance.
So does this mean that I can log into the Web Client, and change my "From:" address there (so messages are not "From" my address)? If that's the case, then I could pick one of the two addresses as my "From:", and then use BBReply to set the "Reply-To:" address on the fly on a message-by-message basis?
BB Reply doesn't like me
I searched and found the right thread for this to go in. Aren't we all proud!!!! I have BBReply, but I an issue with it and I am sure it is me. I have like five email accounts in BBReply and my BWC is set to my BB address. I sent myself a TEST message and setthe BBReply to one of my many other different account like lets say GMail and it still comes up from and Reply to as the BB address.
Not sure what the issue is or if I am the retard.
whsbuss we chatted before on the PIN, if you got the answer hot me up buddy. Thanks.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.