Okay, so recently I received an 8800 with v4.2 OS from a friend and it had IT policy on it. I tried to upgrade it, but I would keep getting "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" when my the AppLoader was trying to connect to the device ROM, so I thought the IT policy was causing the trouble. So I went about to remove it, which I successfully did. When I tried again, however, I received the same error message. So this time, I looked around online for suggestions and I tried one method of using JL_Cmder to remove the existing OS system and using the AppLoader to load the v4.5 OS. Once again, I met this error of the phone constantly rebooting again and then having the error message pop up again. So now I'm really starting to get flustered. I also read somewhere else that perhaps it might be my computer that's causing the problem, but I tried my brother's as well. I'm using a laptop with Windows XP SP3 and my brother's is a laptop with Windows XP SP2. So now I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work! :(
Please offer suggestions! THANK YOU!
Btw, I have BlackBerry Desktop Software version 5.0.1. I tried rebooting with both the phone and the PC, but it didn't work.