Latest OS: 8830 22.214.171.1245/126.96.36.199 (Multilanguage)(MEID Devices)
This will load on ANY carrier's 8830 by following the instructions below.
This is only for the 8830 model (MEID based model)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.525 (Multilanguage)
Software For BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone
Package Version: 184.108.40.2065
* Applications: 220.127.116.11
* Software Platform: 18.104.22.168
* File name: 8830mAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel295_PL22.214.171.124_A126.96.36.199_Sprint_ L.P.exe
* File size: 82.6MB
Download : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8830:
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS here:
How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device.
From the main menu, select Options -> About (this is the ONLY way to check)
ESN devices - On the About screen you will see 8830
MEID devices xxx8211; On the About screen you will see 8830m
NOTE xxx8211; You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.
Verizon officially released 188.8.131.52.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.