Originally Posted by lockexxv
I have a Netgear wireless router, and [b]I heard there were ways to run a wireless network through a bit of finangling even if it was USB/phone tethering,
I think something like that /could/ be done, as follows:
- BB 8700 is connected to some PC via USB cord
- that PC has DM or at least RIM Modem Device Driver installed
- so that PC can connect to net via this BB tether
- on that PC, in networking, create a "bridge" between the BB device and the ethernet port on that PC (not sure if this can be done tho)
- that PC can now NO longer connect via direct USB tether...
- connect cat5 cable from PC ethernet port to WAN port on Netgear wifi router
- netgear can maybe now establish connection to internet over this WAN-PC-BB link?
- so that PC can now connect to net via Wifi connection to netgear
- so can other PC's
Not certain about this but if you have the time & gear worth a try and you'll probably learn something.