BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   8700 cases (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/22465-8700-cases.html)

simarjeet.sahni 12-25-2005 03:02 AM

8700 cases
 
Anyone have an idea of when shopblackberry will start to offer cases for the 8700's?

jnelson2000 12-25-2005 10:29 AM

mid to end of January

rcg 12-26-2005 05:37 PM

About the same time we will have them... Mid month January

finch 12-26-2005 06:43 PM

Check out Gizmo Skin: http://www.gizmoskin.com/8700.htm nice lookin' case!

hf1khal 12-26-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch
Check out Gizmo Skin: http://www.gizmoskin.com/8700.htm nice lookin' case!

I ordered this one and waiting for delivery. Hopefully it will be in a day or 2. Will let you know how it fares out.

Stinsonddog 12-26-2005 10:30 PM

I had this for the 7100
 
While it was nice, I gotta say that my OEM 7280 case was my fav, so I am waiting to see what they come up with. I don't like the swivel on the Gizmoskin because it doesn't knotch and it doesn't lock around the belt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch
Check out Gizmo Skin: http://www.gizmoskin.com/8700.htm nice lookin' case!


lgreenberg 12-27-2005 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
While it was nice, I gotta say that my OEM 7280 case was my fav, so I am waiting to see what they come up with. I don't like the swivel on the Gizmoskin because it doesn't knotch and it doesn't lock around the belt.

Right on.

I've got one and I'm not sure I like it. A few times I've noticed the case starting to come off my belt because the clip is so weak.

Bennett5000 12-27-2005 07:27 AM

The Gizmo case was too loose and the sleep magnet is not positioned correctly. The leather is nice but the case does not hold the BB firmly and it bounces around. I went back to the BB plastic case.

RoadRider 12-27-2005 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett5000
The Gizmo case was too loose and the sleep magnet is not positioned correctly. The leather is nice but the case does not hold the BB firmly and it bounces around. I went back to the BB plastic case.

Ditto-

BTW, I and the person I'm speaking with hear a loud squeal when I put the 8700 back into the Gizmo case during a call (using a BT headset at the time). Never happened with the original plastic case. This happening to anyone else?

joginder 12-27-2005 09:17 AM

I would definately buy a good leather or plastic pouch/case for 8700 because the holster is not that solid and device slips out so easily. holster on past models had been very solid and sturdy.
So far I am using my old nokia phone horizontal pouch with a tiny magnet taped on the side and it works perfectly -:)
-Joginder
7230->7730->7290->8700

casmer 12-27-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadRider
Ditto-

BTW, I and the person I'm speaking with hear a loud squeal when I put the 8700 back into the Gizmo case during a call (using a BT headset at the time). Never happened with the original plastic case. This happening to anyone else?

This is unfortunate to hear as I had this case for the 7100 and I thought it was great. I have purchased the one for the 8700 and I am waiting for it to arrive. Now I am not as excited . . . but will keep an open mind and see if I like it as much as I did the 7100 case. I will report back after I have had it for a couple of days.

Bennett5000 12-27-2005 01:36 PM

Worked well on the 7100 but not so well on the 8700.

Mr Pink57 12-27-2005 01:50 PM

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showcategory3.php/59

here are some cases, I use the 7100g one for my 7100i as of right now and like it a lot.

pink

GizmoSkin 12-27-2005 01:50 PM

Hello all!

One of my customers was kind enough to point me to this thread.

I am the manufacturer of this case and would like to quickly leave a note here… Please note that I am not here to advertise my product.

I have recently discovered that any orders before Dec 20th for this Blackberry 8700 case were processed with stock that had a higher than usual defect rate.

I have been very successful with the 7100 cases but the 8700 cases seemed to have started poorly because of this issue. Rest assured I will resolve all issues immediately.

I fully support my product and if you experienced a defect, please contact me with the quantity you ordered and the address it shipped to so that I can swap your cases out free of charge. Please contact me ASAP at [email address]

Happy Holidays!

lgreenberg 12-27-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GizmoSkin
Hello all!

One of my customers was kind enough to point me to this thread.

I am the manufacturer of this case and would like to quickly leave a note here… Please note that I am not here to advertise my product.

I have recently discovered that any orders before Dec 20th for this Blackberry 8700 case were processed with stock that had a higher than usual defect rate.

I have been very successful with the 7100 cases but the 8700 cases seemed to have started poorly because of this issue. Rest assured I will resolve all issues immediately.

I fully support my product and if you experienced a defect, please contact me with the quantity you ordered and the address it shipped to so that I can swap your cases out free of charge. Please contact me ASAP at [email address]

Happy Holidays!

What are you considering defects?

GizmoSkin 12-27-2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgreenberg
What are you considering defects?


A loose fit, faulty positioning of the sleeper magnet or any parts of the case becoming separated.

I notice you had a comment about the belt clip. This sounds like it is a problem also. Of course there are people who like or dislike the clip I use on my cases, but there should never be an issue with the clip not pinching together tightly enough.

Send me off an e-mail with all the details and I will make sure it is resolved.

lgreenberg 12-27-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
http://www.fortte.com/scr/showcategory3.php/59

here are some cases, I use the 7100g one for my 7100i as of right now and like it a lot.

pink

Thanks Pink.

I ordered the 8700 version from Bellagio (which looks to be the same company) back on 12/21. Hope it comes soon.

lgreenberg 12-27-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GizmoSkin
A loose fit, faulty positioning of the sleeper magnet or any parts of the case becoming separated.

I notice you had a comment about the belt clip. This sounds like it is a problem also. Of course there are people who like or dislike the clip I use on my cases, but there should never be an issue with the clip not pinching together tightly enough.

Send me off an e-mail with all the details and I will make sure it is resolved.

E-mail sent.

(y)

K12 12-27-2005 05:26 PM

Just wanted to say that Gizmo lives up to his word. I dropped him an email about the loose fit issue I had with his "early run" lot, and a replacement case just arrived. It's perfect in every respect. It's every bit as nice as the 2 cases I purchased for 7100s.

RoadRider 12-27-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GizmoSkin
Hello all!

One of my customers was kind enough to point me to this thread.

I am the manufacturer of this case and would like to quickly leave a note here… Please note that I am not here to advertise my product.

I have recently discovered that any orders before Dec 20th for this Blackberry 8700 case were processed with stock that had a higher than usual defect rate.

I have been very successful with the 7100 cases but the 8700 cases seemed to have started poorly because of this issue. Rest assured I will resolve all issues immediately.

I fully support my product and if you experienced a defect, please contact me with the quantity you ordered and the address it shipped to so that I can swap your cases out free of charge. Please contact me ASAP at [email address]

Happy Holidays!

email sent!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.