Latest OS: 8830 126.96.36.1991/188.8.131.52 (Multilanguage)(ESN & MEID Devices)
This will load on ANY carrier's 8830 by following the instructions below.
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD EITHER THE ESN OR THE MEID, DEPENDING ON WHICH MODEL YOU HAVE.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.2061 (Multilanguage)
The following known issues have been fixed with this software update: Audio Issues for Ringers and Alarms and Call Flash MDN Issue
Package Version: 220.127.116.111
* Applications: 18.104.22.168
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File name (MEID): 8830mAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel311_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52_Sp rint.exe
* File size: 82.58MB
* File name (ESN):8830AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel311_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_Sp rint_L.P.exe
* File size: 82.61MB
* Download (same download link for both - select the correct model in the dropdown list) : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8830:
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous MEID OS here:
Previous ESN OS here:
How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device.
From the main menu, select Options -> About (this is the ONLY way to check)
ESN devices - On the About screen you will see 8830
MEID devices xxx8211; On the About screen you will see 8830m
NOTE xxx8211; You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.
I've been running this OS for a couple of weeks now and only notice 2 differences from the previous version (175). After entering the password to unlock the device it seems to take a bit longer to actually unlock; when the device is locked there is an icon of a lock at the top of the home screen. Nothing major really, just what I've noticed on my device.
BB 8830 Issues
Hi Does any one know of how we can enable and use wi-fi on BB 8830 WE ?
Re: Latest OS: 8830 18.104.22.1681/22.214.171.124 (Multilanguage)(ESN & MEID Devices)
The 8830 series is very old and doesn't support WiFi.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.