BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Intellisync Missing Lotus Notes

Please Login to Remove!

I just wanted to start off and say this is a GREAT board and everyone here is so knowledgeable. I joined the Blackberry club about 3 weeks ago with an 8700C and been happy with it from the second the Rep handed it me.

I just did a CLEAN install of Blackberry Desktop 4.1.0.8 using the instruction found on Blackberry support Knowledgebase (KB-02206). I upgrading my desktop from 3.6SP2 that my IT department installed to 4.1.0.8 so I could gain the modem functionality and also just to upgrade it. After the install I have NO Lotus notes option in Intellisync I only have the following options under “Configure PIM”>”Address Book”:
ASCII Importer/Exporter
Netscape

I have gone through and confirmed the component is installed and searcher with no luck to a solution.

I all ready went though the KB article from Blackberry (KB-01040) and still no luck.

Just FYI I have it set up with the following I am on my companies BES which we use Lotus Notes 6.5.3 as our desktop clients and have domino servers not sure of the version. I know we have six (6) BES servers from my discovery and no clue to what version they are either. I also use a BIS which I have my POP e-mail forwarded to.

If you have any question or suggested please reply or drop me a line on my PIN or e-mail.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default So you tried all 7 solutions?

Are you sure your notes.ini file is in the correct spot etc. Sounds like it's not recognizing that Notes is there? That is the only thing that makes sense to me. I assume Notes is working fine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomb341
I just wanted to start off and say this is a GREAT board and everyone here is so knowledgeable. I joined the Blackberry club about 3 weeks ago with an 8700C and been happy with it from the second the Rep handed it me.

I just did a CLEAN install of Blackberry Desktop 4.1.0.8 using the instruction found on Blackberry support Knowledgebase (KB-02206). I upgrading my desktop from 3.6SP2 that my IT department installed to 4.1.0.8 so I could gain the modem functionality and also just to upgrade it. After the install I have NO Lotus notes option in Intellisync I only have the following options under “Configure PIM”>”Address Book”:
ASCII Importer/Exporter
Netscape

I have gone through and confirmed the component is installed and searcher with no luck to a solution.

I all ready went though the KB article from Blackberry (KB-01040) and still no luck.

Just FYI I have it set up with the following I am on my companies BES which we use Lotus Notes 6.5.3 as our desktop clients and have domino servers not sure of the version. I know we have six (6) BES servers from my discovery and no clue to what version they are either. I also use a BIS which I have my POP e-mail forwarded to.

If you have any question or suggested please reply or drop me a line on my PIN or e-mail.

Thanks
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, Notes is working fine or atless as good as Notes can work. My notes.ini is in the "Default" place "C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.ini" and I have configed (Options>Lotus Notes Settings) to use the default and also hard coded it and no luck.

THX Stinsonddog for the quick reply.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ok so you might try

Did you install the handheld software? Not sure why this would matter but you might try that. You might also try a reinstall of the desktop without removing it. For whatever reason it's not seeing it.

I assume you have no Notes options for anything else.

Also see Article Number: KB-02763

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomb341
Yes, Notes is working fine or atless as good as Notes can work. My notes.ini is in the "Default" place "C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.ini" and I have configed (Options>Lotus Notes Settings) to use the default and also hard coded it and no luck.

THX Stinsonddog for the quick reply.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes I did install the handheld software also and I just did a repair on the destop and reinstalled the handheld software and still dont have notes as an option anywhere. And Correct the only time I see notes is when I have it selected during the isnatll as my desktop clients.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Try a desktop unistall

No repair, no clean unistall. Just remove it and redo it. Might redownload it fresh. Probably won't fix it but worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomb341
Yes I did install the handheld software also and I just did a repair on the destop and reinstalled the handheld software and still dont have notes as an option anywhere. And Correct the only time I see notes is when I have it selected during the isnatll as my desktop clients.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just downloaded a NEW copy and reinstalled it still same issue.

Thanks Stinsonddo for all of your help.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700r
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have run into this issue before

What i have done in the past is removing the config files for desktop manager
Im assuming you are using windows xp.

they are located in
c:\documents and settings\your username\application data
Application Data is a hidden folder.

in that folder rename the folder Research in Motion to Research in Motion.bak
and also Blackberry Desktop to Blackberry desktop.bak

now launch desktop manager again and when you go into intellisync all the options should be there now.

Hope that helps.
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the info ctfsdude. Still no luck on fixing it.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Well

I note on mine that there is under the RIM folder I have a Blackberry folder and an Intellisync folder. The Intellisync folder has folders for the PINs of the BB's I have had. They have .cfg files in them. You might try deleting all of these and then trying your reinstall and see if that works. I assume you have admin rights on your PC when you do this. Good luck. I know you are frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomb341
Thanks for the info ctfsdude. Still no luck on fixing it.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 12-30-2005, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Still no luck after deleting the folders. frustrated, not so much, but now it is a personal challange to get it fixed.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700r
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

have you tried installing the program on another desktop? or login as a different user to see if the options come up?

just to determine if its a pc problem or something in the user profile.
Offline  
Old 01-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 7100v
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi there,

Just had the same problem while updating from 3.6 to 4.1, and solved it.
Problem comes from the traces left behinf on your computer by BB Desktop 3.6.
You therefore need to make a clean uninstall of 3.6, then register atl.dll, then install 4.1
All options will be available, but you might get "OK" button missing.
Still have to solve this one, though...

For more information, you can check the support @ BB official site, articles number :
KB-01040, KB-02206, KB-02868

Takes about 20mn to complete.
Offline  
Old 01-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ormuz, NICE first post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked and you were right took about 20 minites. THANK YOU for all of your help and I have no clue how I missed that article on BB KB.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Robinair Dial-A-Charge Refrigerant Heating Charging Cylinder w/Case 43299B
$70.0
Robinair Dial-A-Charge Refrigerant Heating Charging Cylinder w/Case 43299B pictureAppion MGAVCT 1/4" MegaFlow Vacuum-Rated Valve Core Removal Tool
$57.52
Appion MGAVCT 1/4NEW Varian Agilent DS 602 DS602 High Vacuum Pump Part Number: 9499335
$1400.0
NEW Varian Agilent DS 602 DS602  High Vacuum Pump Part Number: 9499335 picturecar wash equipment VACUUM AND FRAGRANCE COMBINATION
$2000.0
car wash equipment   VACUUM AND FRAGRANCE  COMBINATION  pictureCar wash Equipment DOUBLE COMBINATION VACUUM/FRAGRANCE AND VACUUM/SHAMPOO
$7000.0
Car wash Equipment  DOUBLE COMBINATION VACUUM/FRAGRANCE AND VACUUM/SHAMPOO  picture






Copyright © 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.