Originally Posted by southsalem
I am new to bb having been a lon term sansung user. would appreciate any guidance with a couple of questions:
1. how do i turn the phone ringer off and vibrate only on?
2. when receiving emails, is there a way to see if others have bee cc'd?
3. when i have turned the bb off to go into meetings and save battery life, i turn it on afterward and sometimes i get a 30-45 second period of the rotating hourglass followed by the message thet security settings are being checked. Is this normal? is there a better way to put the phone to sleep during meetings to save battery and keep it silent?
4. same question for while at my desk: bb is connected to desktop but i don't want it to ring - i want calls to my cell to go right through to voicemail. should the unit be off or sleeping?
any help is appreciated. thanks.
question 1. just make a profile for example quiet and edit the settings if you need to, then just select it when you want vibrate only.
2.cant answer this for you hopefully someone else will.
3.what i would do is just turn wirless off when you are in a meeting, the radio of the bb is off so there is no connection to the network. then when you are done the meeting turn wirless off is a proccess that takes 2-3 sec.
4. for question four you can turn the wirless of and your calls will go to voicemail but you wont recive your emails till you turn wireless back on. i dont think there is a way to have one working but not the the other, either way you get all your emails as soon as you turn wirless on.