Problem w/ BES
:-o Hey guys had a quick question....
I activated my 8700 on the BES at work about 1 month ago, everything worked perfectly except for Calender synching (get to this in a bit)
now about 1 week ago my BES just stopped forwarding messages (not via redirector but via BES) redirector works fine, but i do not want to use redirector. Also, my calender still does not synch wirelessly, the funny thing is that task, contacts and notes still synch wirelessly just fine. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to setup the calender options in the desktop manager and on the phone in order to get it to synch wirelessly?
Be sure that you have the date on your handheld set correctly (year). I have seen this happen more than once with people.
They get the new device...and set the date a year or so off and don't notice. Than when the wireless sync happens...it syncs...you just don't see it...because you are in the wrong year on the calendar. Sounds stupid...but it has happened before.
you know i heard of that too, its was the first thing I checked. Still not able to synch.
What version of BES and what email on the backend?
I had to make changes on the default policy that is pushed to the hh and I had to make sure that my BES admin account had the correct permissions on my Exchange to get calenadar synch working. There is documentation on how to set this up. I'll try to find it and post link, if it is was you need to do. It is out here somewhere on the forum that is where I found it.
thanks rupert, ive exhausted myself searching, and could not find something to help. I have tried a lot of things that i found while searching. Not sure of the BES were running, but i know that almost every other bb is running smoothly and synching wirelessly.
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)
In the BES management software, goto the userlist and double-click your name. Click PIM sync on the left and you'll see the different options on the right for calendar, addybook, etc. Make sure they're all set to true. That's how we check it on notes/domino, so I'm not sure if its different for exchange.
Problem w/ BES
Not sure if this helps but I had the same issue. After activating my 8700 on my BES I no longer had any redirection. The check marks were all gone in the Folder Redirection list. I added them from my device and it still did not work, once I added it from BES then it has worked fine after that.
We had issue with the calendar not synchronizing. The solution that worked for us was to change the start date on the calendar to monday instead of sunday.
Give it a try
Have BES Admin send you a service book and see if that will help with your calendar synchronization issue. If that doesn’t work… try these steps:
1. Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager without connecting the BlackBerry handheld.
Select Intellisync within BlackBerry Desktop Manager and make sure that under Auto start... that Synchronize PIM is not checked.
2. Connect BlackBerry to computer
3. Select Backup and Restore within BlackBerry Desktop Manager
4. Backup your BlackBerry
5. Select Intellisync within BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. Select the Configure PIM button
7. If you're on wireless sync for the calender, change your sync to local (i.e. MS Outlook)
8. Select Backup/Restore within BlackBerry Desktop Manager
9. Select the Advance button
10. Delete your calendar data from the right hand side which is the local data by clicking on the Calendar entry on the right and then pressing the Clear button
11. Select Intellisync within BlackBerry Desktop Manager
12. Select the Configure PIM button
13. Change your local sync back to BlackBerry wireless sync
It will take a few minutes by the Calendar will re-synchronize wirelessly.
14. If the above fails, you can try to Reactivate by using Enterprise Activation
Hope this help if you haven't tried it yet,
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.