BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tips Website Update; BBWeather a freebie

Please Login to Remove!

I did not realize the improvements made in this program and it works great on the 8700. I am now highly recommending it. I don't have screen shots right now. I have redesigned the site to put the favorite apps (google local and bbweather and Jiveslide) on one page. Cryptmagic vs Minisafe remains a separate page.

I have confirmed that Google Local creates a backup error. Doesn't appear to be fatal. We assume it is because it's an OTA download and the Desktop doesn't know what do to with the RMS database (that's where 3rd party app data is stored).

Anyway I thought I would share this freebie weather find.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 01-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
I did not realize the improvements made in this program and it works great on the 8700. I am now highly recommending it. I don't have screen shots right now. I have redesigned the site to put the favorite apps (google local and bbweather and Jiveslide) on one page. Cryptmagic vs Minisafe remains a separate page.

I have confirmed that Google Local creates a backup error. Doesn't appear to be fatal. We assume it is because it's an OTA download and the Desktop doesn't know what do to with the RMS database (that's where 3rd party app data is stored).

Anyway I thought I would share this freebie weather find.
I saw your earlier post and another thread discussing the backup errors after installing Google Local, I am a bit confused is this the same as the just released google maps. I have the just released google maps and I did a backup with my 7250 and had no issues. So i dont know if it is the 8700 or the program, but figured I ought to share this.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Yes its the Google Maps/Local Program

There seem to be a number of us with the issue on the 8700 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I saw your earlier post and another thread discussing the backup errors after installing Google Local, I am a bit confused is this the same as the just released google maps. I have the just released google maps and I did a backup with my 7250 and had no issues. So i dont know if it is the 8700 or the program, but figured I ought to share this.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 07:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm trying to use the BBWeather, and get an error "Could not find a service book entry for IPPP."

Any idea what I need to change? (I'm a new BB user, so don't know a lot about this)

Thanks
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Are all your browsers working? Search for IPPP for 5 click and IPPP for BIBS. I am not at my PC so I can't do that. I am not sure if these service books came from my BES or my carrier?
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Monsieurmaggot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 'Trono "the centre of the universe - nowhere else really matters" Ontario
Model: Z10
Carrier: Bell
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Be careful of streaming information.

My data bill for last month was incredible. Streaming weather or sports will pile up the usage.

My service provider also told me that using Google Local will quickly eat away at your limit.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Are all your browsers working? Search for IPPP for 5 click and IPPP for BIBS. I am not at my PC so I can't do that. I am not sure if these service books came from my BES or my carrier?
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Both service books exist in my BB but I am getting same message
Offline  
Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Have you disabled MDS in bbweather-->Options. You should have a checkmark in that box.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 02-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Checking that box did help, or it changed things.

Now the error is "Could not open tunnel - failed"

I'm actually not sure this is an application I need. I went to the Cingular Browser, and it has the weather channel access that I was wanting, just simple current condition/forcast type stuff.

What does this application do differently?

Last edited by BooneDog : 02-12-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

What does it do? See the screenshots on my tips page. I love this weather program.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I only see the text on that page, I do not see the screen shots.
Offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Click the link

http://home.comcast.net/~tamsterra/OP/BBW.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooneDog
I only see the text on that page, I do not see the screen shots.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.