BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Model: 8700c
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gmail Question

Please Login to Remove!

so I've been using the gmail forwarding thing to my blackberry for a few days now and today some people got mad at me. I'm in an organization where alot of people communicate with email and we rely alot on gmail's capability to show emails in a log format, like for large chain emails with lots of replies. Apparently when I reply to an email it breaks the chain and starts a new set of emails so if people reply to my email it doesn't log with the previous chain. Is this confusing? I hope not. Anyone know a solution besides not using the forwarding function and just logging on to gmail through the browser (that would suck). And I have it set up to show my gmail address as the sent from adddress.

Oh and on a side note anyone know how to disable the sent via blackberry from cingular crap I look like a huge tool when people read that after ever single one of my emails

Thanks John
Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hbomb341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To change your signiture it is setup on the BIS server. Just login at https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular click Options and it is right there. Also on that same page is an option to include the orignal message in your reply I bet that will fix your issue.
__________________
-----------------
PIN: 2039CDD1
Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 109
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjohn85
so I've been using the gmail forwarding thing to my blackberry for a few days now and today some people got mad at me. I'm in an organization where alot of people communicate with email and we rely alot on gmail's capability to show emails in a log format, like for large chain emails with lots of replies. Apparently when I reply to an email it breaks the chain and starts a new set of emails so if people reply to my email it doesn't log with the previous chain. Is this confusing? I hope not. Anyone know a solution besides not using the forwarding function and just logging on to gmail through the browser (that would suck). And I have it set up to show my gmail address as the sent from adddress.

Oh and on a side note anyone know how to disable the sent via blackberry from cingular crap I look like a huge tool when people read that after ever single one of my emails

Thanks John
You could always give Gmail for Blackberry a try from Shape Services, the folks who make IM+ I've used it and it seems to behave as if I've gone to gmail's site so it' imperceptible to folks I converse with.
__________________
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
rel
Blackberry 8800
PIN 23F257DB

Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 7100i
Posts: 77
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

just enable gmail pop3 and set it up in BIS
Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Model: 8700c
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks for your help I did some search on this forum but this was it...Gmail and the 8700
the program from shape services is ayte but it cost money...and pop3 I can't get to work so... eh try and try agina I guess
Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Model: 8700c
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownminerva
just enable gmail pop3 and set it up in BIS
sweet I think everything is cool now that I did the whole pop3 stuff. I didn't do it at first because most people I talked to said it didn't work but it totally does. The only poo is that it is hella slow I mean it took it a few minutes for me to recieve the message on my bb whereass when I was forwarding it was definately instant. Any thoughts?
Offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: louisville
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 122
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjohn85
sweet I think everything is cool now that I did the whole pop3 stuff. I didn't do it at first because most people I talked to said it didn't work but it totally does. The only poo is that it is hella slow I mean it took it a few minutes for me to recieve the message on my bb whereass when I was forwarding it was definately instant. Any thoughts?
the BIS in blackberry is known to have the delay issue. From what i've heard its been in the 15 minute-20 minute range so you're lucky if its only a few minutes. It can't be helped :(
Offline  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
mortgageguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 222
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlace01
the BIS in blackberry is known to have the delay issue. From what i've heard its been in the 15 minute-20 minute range so you're lucky if its only a few minutes. It can't be helped :(
I'm on BIS and I get my emails almost instantly.
Offline  
Old 01-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 236
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1) The BIS pushes email to the BB when it arrives in the BIS Inbox.

2) The reason for the delay when the BIS pops an email account is that the BIS only pops accounts every [insert number based on specific carrier BIS] minutes (while email accounts usually forward to the BIS immediately).

3) As for user perceptions varying re pop speed, it will depend on how often the BIS pops email accounts. It also depends on when a specific email arrives in an email account. If one arrives in an email account just before the BIS pops it, it will appear that the email reached the BB quickly; one that arrives in the email account just after the BIS pops it will appear to take some time to reach the BB, because it won't get picked up until the next pop cycle.
Offline  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Model: 8700c
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

learned something new today...
Offline  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: curve
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjohn85
so I've been using the gmail forwarding thing to my blackberry for a few days now and today some people got mad at me. I'm in an organization where alot of people communicate with email and we rely alot on gmail's capability to show emails in a log format, like for large chain emails with lots of replies. Apparently when I reply to an email it breaks the chain and starts a new set of emails so if people reply to my email it doesn't log with the previous chain. Is this confusing? I hope not. Anyone know a solution besides not using the forwarding function and just logging on to gmail through the browser (that would suck). And I have it set up to show my gmail address as the sent from adddress.

Oh and on a side note anyone know how to disable the sent via blackberry from cingular crap I look like a huge tool when people read that after ever single one of my emails

Thanks John
Me facing the same issue with the 7100, the 8700 and the 7290...did it finally get resolved for you? when i type an em from the device it doesnt show up on gmail and thereafter only the first response does (i guess because of the conversational style of gmail?)
Offline  
Old 01-21-2006, 04:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

you can get around all of these problems by doing the following

1) use a forwarding filter --- dont use pop. Create a filter of in:inbox and have it forwarded to your bb account. You will get all mail that lands in your gmail inbox delivered to your bb instanlyy

2) on the bis acxxxx setup the "bcc" your gmail account on all sent mail. Also create a filter on gmail so that if mail comes in from you to archive it (that way it doesnt show).

3) use your gmail account as your reply to address for all bis mail


If you do these three things you will basically be able to send from your bb and have all mails and replays make it to gmail ... as well as your device. post back if this isnt clear or you have questions
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.