Originally Posted by mrod7280
I have encountered this same problem. I had my emails forwarded directly from my exchange server to my cingular.blackberry.net address. This worked great for about a year or so then when my company go a new server I started receiving multiple copies of email. I have received as many as 20 copies of the same email over a 3 hour time period. Although the duplicates were bad enough, during the 3 hours it took to get them all i would receive no other email. This problem was making by blackberry unusable for several hours every day. I contacted Cingular, RIM and our network gurus and had all three on a conference call to try to fix the problem. The people at RIM indicated their server only received email and could not be causing the duplicates. Our network people and RIM compared some sort of log and determined our server was actually sending multiple copies to the Blackberry server. Our network people attached some sort of "sniffer" to our network and found that indeed the problem was with our server. Unfortunately, no one has any idea how to fix this. Our network guys have tried several fixes but none have worked. They have indicated it is a problem with the way our exchange server communicates with the BIS. I got tired of have my Blackberry being unavailable for hours at a time so I opened an account at mailstreet.com and now have my email forwarded from our exchange server to my mailstreet address and the problem is gone. Seems strange to me that the only thing that really changed is the address my exchange server forward to but the problem went away.
This is not an ideal solution for a couple of reason: 1. it is costing an extra $20/month to have a mail box at mailstreet and to use them for an enterprise server. 2. All of my syncing is now done wirelessly but with the mailstreet server so the Outlook info on my desktop computer is not the same as on my Blackberry unless I enter it both places. Everytime I attache my Blackberry to my desktop via USB cable it causes problems with my enterprise activiation and I have to call mailstreet to give me a new code to do another enterprise activation.
I have been fighting this problem for several months and am still not happy with the solution but until my network guys come up with a solution, this is all I have. This may not help, but at least you know you are not alone.
I began having this problem when I used a 7280 but switched to an 8700 about 6 weeks ago and the problem continued.
What was happening with my "non-BES Exchange Server forward" was that my Cingular mailbox was full, and was bouncing a "full mailbox" message back to each sender.
For a few of the senders, that meant resending the message over and over again - about 20 times, to my primary account (which is what is set up as my "from" address on my blackberry account)
clear the mailbox, and the problem stopped