BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Old BlackBerry 1 Tune

Please Login to Remove!

Just got the 8700c, no serious problems, except the Cingular theme hides the Messages icon under Applications (why???) and the BB themes that are available as alternates are worse - busy 3D cartoon-ish - not for business. And I miss the old BlackBerry email chirp I had so long on prior models - the BlackBerry 1 tune.

So, anyone know where I can find downloadable versions of the old tunes - and some simpler themes that include the usual icons on the home screen of a 8700??
Offline  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Try the wave icon theme

Very clean. Also you can see some home screens in the "learn" thread I started. Also check out the wallpaper thread to find some good backgrounds like the one I use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwch
Just got the 8700c, no serious problems, except the Cingular theme hides the Messages icon under Applications (why???) and the BB themes that are available as alternates are worse - busy 3D cartoon-ish - not for business. And I miss the old BlackBerry email chirp I had so long on prior models - the BlackBerry 1 tune.

So, anyone know where I can find downloadable versions of the old tunes - and some simpler themes that include the usual icons on the home screen of a 8700??
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Very clean. Also you can see some home screens in the "learn" thread I started. Also check out the wallpaper thread to find some good backgrounds like the one I use.
No listed on my "themes" - just"

BB Dimension - List
BB Dimension - Icon
BB Insight - List
BB Insight - Icon
Offline  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Go to your Browser Bookmarks

Blackberry Help - go to that link and explore. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwch
No listed on my "themes" - just"

BB Dimension - List
BB Dimension - Icon
BB Insight - List
BB Insight - Icon
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Blackberry Help - go to that link and explore. Have fun.
OK - BlackBerry Help - WHERE?? Thanks.
Offline  
Old 02-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Browser Bookmarks

Go to your browser and open the bookmarks. Center convience key if you haven't changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwch
OK - BlackBerry Help - WHERE?? Thanks.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Or in any browser page when not in a text entry field press the "K" key. This will bring up the boolmarks page.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
NCBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 853
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

waves theme has all of the icons out of the sub folder.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.