BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Delete ALL members of the Contacts list

Please Login to Remove!

Evening.

Here is the deal. Was using my contacts for holding recuiter names and such. Did not know when I got my 8700c, since this is my first bb, that the sync operation would grab all the contacts from my Outlook contacts folder.

SO ... I now have 480+ contacts and 99% of them are bunch.

Is there a way to purge the ALL members from my 8700 and then have it grab the latest, cleaned up version of my Contacts that is in place now.

ALSO ... how do you get it to look at other groups in my Outlook and import them. I have a clients group with contacts in there I would like to add, possibly as a different group but if it all pours into the default bb Contacts folder ... that is fine too.

Thanks ALL and have a great weekend!

jk
Offline  
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 7100g
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKusch
Evening.

Here is the deal. Was using my contacts for holding recuiter names and such. Did not know when I got my 8700c, since this is my first bb, that the sync operation would grab all the contacts from my Outlook contacts folder.

SO ... I now have 480+ contacts and 99% of them are bunch.

Is there a way to purge the ALL members from my 8700 and then have it grab the latest, cleaned up version of my Contacts that is in place now.

ALSO ... how do you get it to look at other groups in my Outlook and import them. I have a clients group with contacts in there I would like to add, possibly as a different group but if it all pours into the default bb Contacts folder ... that is fine too.

Thanks ALL and have a great weekend!

jk
If you have "cleaned up" your contact list in outlook, if you re-sysnc it detect the changes between the outlook and blackberry device and it ask you if you want to accept changes on the BB. As for groups, I had to create the groups from with in the BB, name it and then just add the members I wanted to the group.
Offline  
Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You can also set categories in outlook and after they're synced you can filter on those.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 02-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just cannot get this darn BB to sync up with what is in my Outlook Contacts folder.

I have deleted all but 36 contacts from the Outlook Contacts folder.

I still have the 480+ contacts still in the BB.

I have turned off the wireless sync option and am able to use the BB Desktop manager.

I have tried every combination in IntelliSync app to sync the PIM data. Obviously I am missing one combination.

I have been able to get it to want to Sync the 450+ contacts in my BB back into OutLook, which I quickly cancelled, BUT ... I have not found the right settings to have it delete the 450+ contacts from the BB.

Any Ideas?

Thanks ALL!
Offline  
Old 02-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Attached to a BlackBerry Near You
Model: none
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 57
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Why don't you just wipe unit then re-sync?
__________________
Own: 7100t
Owned: 6510, 6750, 7510, 7750, 7230

Need help? ...just ask
Offline  
Old 02-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK ... how may I go about doing that?

Thanks!
Offline  
Old 02-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKusch
OK ... how may I go about doing that?

Thanks!

In desktop manager click backup and restore then click advanced. Highlight what you want to delete and clear it.

I think there is also a "purge and reload" option or a "desktop overwrites handheld" option when synching. That may be in companionlink though ( an addin I have) not on the desktop manager so soory if that last part does not help. I use Companion Link to sync ACT! to my BB.
Offline  
Old 02-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BINGO!

Thanx
Offline  
Old 02-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary
Model: 9700R
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 180
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

you can also go into advanced backup and wipe specific items in the BB as well, thats not so extreme!
Offline  
Old 02-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator
 
d_fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Model: 9700
OS: SID 6.7
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,455
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkon
you can also go into advanced backup and wipe specific items in the BB as well, thats not so extreme!
To expand on xkon's comment.
  1. Connect your BlackBerry, launch Desktop Manager.
  2. Select Backup and Restore.
  3. Click on Advanced button.
  4. Highlight Address Book from the Device Database list.
  5. Press Clear button.
Your BlackBerry address book should now be empty. Re-sync with Outlook to pull in the contacts.
__________________
Doug

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline  
Old 02-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher
To expand on xkon's comment.
  1. Connect your BlackBerry, launch Desktop Manager.
  2. Select Backup and Restore.
  3. Click on Advanced button.
  4. Highlight Address Book from the Device Database list.
  5. Press Clear button.
Your BlackBerry address book should now be empty. Re-sync with Outlook to pull in the contacts.
That sounds vaguely familiar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
In desktop manager click backup and restore then click advanced. Highlight what you want to delete and clear it.
Glad you got it worked out...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.