BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default mmmm....Data connection refused??? Newbie

Please Login to Remove!

Just got my 8700c today at Cingular. Had them add the unlimited Blackberry plan & the add-on data connect. It's been about 6 hours now and it says Data connection refused. I have no browsers at all!! Do I have to wait longer or should this have been instant when they added it on?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Offline  
Old 02-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Try options>advanced>host routing table. Click trackwheel for register now. Let us know.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah.. I tried the host routing table and registered about 3 hours ago and still nothing. Grrrrr.....Still no browser(s) and my "edge" is in all lower case letters. And I was really looking forward to playing with it tonight.
Offline  
Old 02-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Call them back. Changes did not take. Shoud be quicker than that.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Airpoppoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Yakima, WA
Model: 9000
OS: Veestah
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 84
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You will get the initial blackberry browser the first time you sync
__________________
- Matt
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
CingularMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpoppoff
You will get the initial blackberry browser the first time you sync
No you wont. Syncing has nothing to do with the browser...lowercase "edge" and no browser is a carrier issue...
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 05:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
lgreenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New House
Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2,527
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try removing the battery.
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Data connection refused usually means that you either blacklisted (haven't paid your bills), have not been provisioned on Cingular/RIM systems yet (takes time), or there is a problem on Cingular/RIM networks.

You are new user, you shouldn't have unpaid bills, your best bet is to wait until Monday afternoon. By that time you must be properly provisioned and if there were any troubles on the network they will be sorted out.

It is also not unheard of for a wireless provider to make a mistake and not actually enable your blackberry on their or RIM's network.

So, just wait. Give call Cingular Monday afternoon. By that time, if you still have Data Connection Refused, that most definitely be some kind of Cingular error they will be able to figure out and fix.

I hope you can find something else to do on the weekend.
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
CingularMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One
Data connection refused usually means that you either blacklisted (haven't paid your bills), have not been provisioned on Cingular/RIM systems yet (takes time), or there is a problem on Cingular/RIM networks.

You are new user, you shouldn't have unpaid bills, your best bet is to wait until Monday afternoon. By that time you must be properly provisioned and if there were any troubles on the network they will be sorted out.

It is also not unheard of for a wireless provider to make a mistake and not actually enable your blackberry on their or RIM's network.

So, just wait. Give call Cingular Monday afternoon. By that time, if you still have Data Connection Refused, that most definitely be some kind of Cingular error they will be able to figure out and fix.

I hope you can find something else to do on the weekend.
Well, Honestly, There is a pretty good chance that if he bought it in a store, that they messed it up. I for one think the store agents should be trained better, and have a bit higher IQ than a toaster oven. Every single time I get a call with that lowercase gprs or edge its because some untrained store agent looking for a nice commission has added MediaNet unlimited, or PDA Connect Unlimited. I curse the salesperson in my head, let the customer know Im going to have it resolved, and in all of 45 seconds they have capitol letters on the top right of the screen.
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok. Here's the deal. Went back to Cingular today. They didn't add on the Unlimited BB plan. But they did put on the add-on data plan. As soon as they added the BB plan I got the Cingular Browser and the E-mail activation browser.
Now...The question is...when can I expect the Internet Browser for BB to show. Right now I only got the Cingular browser.
P.S. I do have the upper case "EDGE" showing now.
Thanks in advance
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just got y 8700 a couple of weeks ago and I got the BB browser once i logged into BIS and then snet the service book for the browser. Log into https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular and then click profile at the top. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Send Internet Browsing Service Book". Let us know if that works.
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BINGO!!! Just popped up on my screen. Alright!!! I can play now!!!
Thanks to all for reponding. All is right with the world again. Even got it syncing to my Apple computer beautifully.
Now to do some searches for some programs (pocketexpress; pocketday; etc...) I use my Handmark Express on my Treo and I like it....is Pocketday better??
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Eric check out

my page of must have apps. I am working on IM right now, but the ones I list I think are pretty key. I have to update Composer but the link works.

Have fun and welcome to the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericroberts
BINGO!!! Just popped up on my screen. Alright!!! I can play now!!!
Thanks to all for reponding. All is right with the world again. Even got it syncing to my Apple computer beautifully.
Now to do some searches for some programs (pocketexpress; pocketday; etc...) I use my Handmark Express on my Treo and I like it....is Pocketday better??
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
BBF Veteran
 
coreyg510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in Translation
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 3,190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CingularMK
Well, Honestly, There is a pretty good chance that if he bought it in a store, that they messed it up. I for one think the store agents should be trained better, and have a bit higher IQ than a toaster oven. Every single time I get a call with that lowercase gprs or edge its because some untrained store agent looking for a nice commission has added MediaNet unlimited, or PDA Connect Unlimited. I curse the salesperson in my head, let the customer know Im going to have it resolved, and in all of 45 seconds they have capitol letters on the top right of the screen.

While i do agree, I experienced a similar problem. The feature was added correctly. However, The service books were not sent. I couldnt call CS because they were closed. So was BB tech supp. The phone was stuck on GSM instead of switching to gprs or GPRS or even EDGE
__________________
He's Back....and better than ever!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.