A dedicated Rogers concern area and a few things I think should be looked into:
How are we going to spear head the Data issue?
Is there a way to track our data useage anyone knows of?
How can we unlock our Rogers phones for less than $250?
Does anyone know a way to get Google talk onto a Canadian phone number?
Lets keep this Thread specific for Rogers users so we can solve our specific problems.
I gotta a fever! and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Finally, I was able to have it unlocked, remotely. The person who did it is Mike (email@example.com)
I have NO financial ties with this person at all. Just want to point out that the 8700r can now be unlocked remotely.
(1) DocGo how long did it take you to recieve the unlock code from them?
(2) DocGo how did you come across them?
(3) Definately good news that the BlackBerry 8700r can be unlocked and even better that it's via remote. That being said besides DocGo is there anyon else that could give a testimonial in regards to their service(s)?
(4) From my knowledge Rogers no longer provides unlock codes for their handsets and a price hasn't been posted. I know Rogers used to charge $250 for the unlock code until mid 2005 when they stopped that. DocGo can you please post how much you had paid to give the rest of us an idea?
(5) If anyone has come across another place to unlock the 8700r would you please post the info here for the rest of us?
I just recieved my unlock code for my 8700r from gsmlocker.com this afternoon. I had filled the form out on there site late Feb 14th and got it this afternoon Feb 17th. Followed their instructions, and BOOM, worked like a charm