BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Dispatcher35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Marlborough, MA
Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 235
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Strange Status Indicator

Please Login to Remove!

I just noticed in the last couple of days a new indicator on my home screen. It's on the top just to the right of the battery indicator. It's a circle with 3 semi circles to the right of the circle I'm sure it's either showing the volume or signal strength of something but I can't find anything in the Nextel book.

I'm using a BB7100i

Mike

PIN= 40102253

Last edited by Dispatcher35 : 02-09-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
GoblueNextel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NW Indiana
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 212
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatcher35
I just noticed in the last couple of days a new indicator on my home screen. It's on the top just to the right of the battery indicator. It's a circle with 3 semi circles to the right of the circle I'm sure it's either showing the volume or signal strength of something but I can't find anything in the Nextel book.

I'm using a BB7100i

Mike

PIN= 40102253
It is for location based services (ie..GPS). The "crosshair circle" is in the manual and the half cirlces represent signal strength? It is in the "welcome_ug.pdf", page 14 showing "location based services".

GOBLUE
__________________
RESPECT.RESPONSIBILITY.LEADERSHIP.INTEGRITY

Last edited by GoblueNextel : 02-09-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
gdpmumin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Carolina
Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 934
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you sure about that? Yes, the cross-hair circle indicates location based services, but I believe the circle without semi-circles indicates your position is only shared with 911 operators. Cross-hair circle plus the semi-circles means your position is shared with any application requesting it. That's the way it is on my 7130e. It's either the cross-hair circle or the cross-hair circle and the three semi-circles. It doesn't have anything to do with signal strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblueNextel
It is for location based services (ie..GPS). The "crosshair circle" is in the manual and the half cirlces represent signal strength. It is in the "welcome_ug.pdf", page 14 showing "location based services".

GOBLUE
Offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
GoblueNextel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NW Indiana
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 212
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Are you sure about that? Yes, the cross-hair circle indicates location based services, but I believe the circle without semi-circles indicates your position is only shared with 911 operators. Cross-hair circle plus the semi-circles means your position is shared with any application requesting it. That's the way it is on my 7130e. It's either the cross-hair circle or the cross-hair circle and the three semi-circles. It doesn't have anything to do with signal strength.
My bad I intended on a question mark after that as the manual does not say anything about the half cirlces.. It is edited now.

Thanks
__________________
RESPECT.RESPONSIBILITY.LEADERSHIP.INTEGRITY
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.