BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Cingular 8700 : No "Send Using" Email account exists :(

Please Login to Remove!

Just got this Blackberry 8700 last Friday.
Set it up to work with three different email accounts.
Unfortunately, when I compose a new message there is no dropdown option at the top of the screen that allows me to select which email address to use as "From" for this email. ("Send Using")

The only way to change the address the email is sent from is to log into the Blackberry setup website through the browser and select ONE account from which all emails on your blackberry will be sent.

This is really disappointing =\

My friend has a 7290 on T-Mobile and he has the dropdown at the top of the compose screen that allows him to select the "From" address.

I called Cingular Data Support and they said that is just the way it is. Something about how the BB OS was customized for Cingular and T-Mobile prob has a different customized client BB OS.
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sounds like your friend is connected to BES or is using BBReply
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
Sounds like your friend is connected to BES or is using BBReply
He doesn't have BES or any 3rd party apps.
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
go2duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 280
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Send Using only asks me "DESKTOP" or "WEB CLIENT". Granted not on BES so would that be another option there? Hmm

-G2D
__________________
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users? Clifford Stoll
PIN 4007D1C9
"My favorite ringtone is VIBRATE" Me 2006
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Seattle18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,610
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2duke
Send Using only asks me "DESKTOP" or "WEB CLIENT". Granted not on BES so would that be another option there? Hmm

-G2D
I have a BES and only have the same options you have. I thought the BES would give me the Send From option - no?
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Liv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - Seattle, WA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,095
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bah! Well that stinks. It is looking like it is not possible to pick a "from" address with BES either. Yikes. This was something that is really important to me. I have four different email addresses, each one from a different company and each one completely independent from the other. I guess I will try to hunt down a work around, or look at the cpanel's of all the website and try to work around it there. Maybe set up filters or alias's via my cpanel for my websites.

I have to find some solution.


Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
I have a BES and only have the same options you have. I thought the BES would give me the Send From option - no?
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux
Just got this Blackberry 8700 last Friday.
Set it up to work with three different email accounts.
Unfortunately, when I compose a new message there is no dropdown option at the top of the screen that allows me to select which email address to use as "From" for this email. ("Send Using")

I called Cingular Data Support and they said that is just the way it is. Something about how the BB OS was customized for Cingular and T-Mobile prob has a different customized client BB OS.
This is true. You can do it with T-Mobile blackberry but not with any other blackberry.
You have two options: switch to T-Mobile, or wait until Cingular starts offering same blackberry features T-MObile does.
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Seattle18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,610
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv
Bah! Well that stinks. It is looking like it is not possible to pick a "from" address with BES either. Yikes. This was something that is really important to me. I have four different email addresses, each one from a different company and each one completely independent from the other. I guess I will try to hunt down a work around, or look at the cpanel's of all the website and try to work around it there. Maybe set up filters or alias's via my cpanel for my websites.

I have to find some solution.
There is BBReply - have you looked into that?
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default True for now but not for long

They are testing the Tmobile BIS version now. See my tips site page on Gmail/Yahoo integration. Describes the new features that will be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux
Just got this Blackberry 8700 last Friday.
Set it up to work with three different email accounts.
Unfortunately, when I compose a new message there is no dropdown option at the top of the screen that allows me to select which email address to use as "From" for this email. ("Send Using")

The only way to change the address the email is sent from is to log into the Blackberry setup website through the browser and select ONE account from which all emails on your blackberry will be sent.

This is really disappointing =\

My friend has a 7290 on T-Mobile and he has the dropdown at the top of the compose screen that allows him to select the "From" address.

I called Cingular Data Support and they said that is just the way it is. Something about how the BB OS was customized for Cingular and T-Mobile prob has a different customized client BB OS.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8700
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
They are testing the Tmobile BIS version now. See my tips site page on Gmail/Yahoo integration. Describes the new features that will be coming.
Thanks for the tips on your site - very informative!!

Hopefully Cingular can get the new BIS version implemented by the end of Q1.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The catch with the T-Mobile BIS is that unlike BWC email isn't stored so you can't log in and look at email like you can with carriers still using BWC. Additionally there's a limited (I forget how many days) lifespan on the attachments. Neither of those really matter to me personally but some T-Mo BB customers were upset after the switch.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.