Im looking to buy a blackberry. Was tempted by treo 650 but 8700 seems more stable and since im mostly looking for reliable phone, email and web access the 8700 seem my best bet.
I have a few newbies questions though....
1) My providers largest data package is only 25MB. How likely am I to exceed this with maybe 50 emails a month and light to normal web browsing ?
2) How much data does yahoo messenger take to send and receive messages ? Are we talking a few bytes depending on the length of text or is there some sort of padding of the data to make it bigger ?
3) Am I right in thinking that since the browser supports SSL, I should have no trouble accessing online banking sites and online shops like amazon ? How secure is this over a phone network ?
4) Since im in Canada, would the current lawsuit/threatening to shutdown the Blackberry network affect me or is that US only ?
5) Most importantly, Ive seen many people complain about the low volume on this device. Is this a real concern or just lots of people with bad hearing ?