03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | new member - problem w/ 7180 calendar sync on BES
Please Login to Remove!
New member here. I've searched the posts here and haven't found anything that matches my problem so I thought I'd start a new Q.
I'm running a 7180 (v3.7 software) with our company's BES using outlook/exchange. We sync mail and calendar through the BES but do contacts, notes, etc. using desktop manager. Recently my device stopped getting the calendar updates, but it still gets mail. However, I have also lost the ability to choose whether to delete mail on handheld only or both handheld and server. Now it's just on the handheld. The contacts, notes, etc. seem to sync just fine using desktop. Here's what I've done/found:
* I've verified in Intellisync that the PIM sync for calendar is set for BES, not outlook.
* When I do an intellisync I get an error message "unable to read application data record" when I have the box checked to sync my calendar. I don't get the message if the sync box is unchecked in the PIM settings. I figured that this might mean that my calendar database is corrupt so I did a hard reset (no luck) and cleared the database using backup/restore (no luck). One more thing...if I change the calendar sync to "outlook" it will syncronize with my desktop calendar. However, I'd rather use the BES as I did before.
* I figured a good step would be to update the handheld software so I updated my desktop to V4.1 and downloaded handheld V4. After running the install I opened my application loader and found the following:
- No system software was found for your device.
* I then went to my desktop manager and selected "about desktop manager" and found that I'm running version 4.1 (good there). Under "device software" it says I'm running version 184.108.40.206, BUT on my device it says I'm running 3.7. Clearly these two guys don't agree.
So, I'm clearly not a blackberry expert (which is why I'm here), but what I'm seeing implies that I've been unable to successfully update my device software, which might fix what might be a corrupt file or setting on the 7280. Notice all the "mights" here.
My "tech" people here have tried a million things and fall back on the standard "looks like your device is broken" story. To me it sounds like configuration or conflict. Like I said, I've done hard resets a couple of ways on the handheld, and while it has purged my data it hasn't helped with the OS problem. Is there any way to force it to update the OS? Am I barking up the wrong tree??
One more thing...I can no longer enable passwording on my handheld...not even an option to enable it. Strange
Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry about the long message!