BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
txschafers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Weather on 8700

Please Login to Remove!

What is the best BB weather site or App? I tried BBweather and kept getting an error asking me for an element. I could not get it to work. I am on my companies BEs but have full Internet access.
Offline  
Old 04-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator
 
d_fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Model: 9700
OS: SID 6.7
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,455
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I use the AccuWeather wap site. Probably because it was a built-in bookmark on my 7100t. But, I actually like it fairly well.
__________________
Doug

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Seattle18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,610
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BBWeather is what I use.

Download BBLight/BBWeather/BBToday/BBReply binaries (GPL source code included!)
__________________
My heart belongs to Liv...
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
txschafers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BBWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
I loaded this twice and never got it to work. The last time it said I was missing an element when I tried to get a weather update. Also, when I deleted it from my BB I had about a 20 minute period where I had no data service ( EDGE ). It seems that my BB had to re-initialize itself or something. It looks like a cool app but if someone using an 8700c on a BES could provide some guidance in setting this up I would appreciate it.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
cooperpwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 1,001
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Pocketday Professional has excellent weather capabilities in addition to all of its other functions. It is not free but you get an extended fully functioning try-out period.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
garran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 62
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Pocketday Professional has excellent weather capabilities in addition to all of its other functions. It is not free but you get an extended fully functioning try-out period.
The weather feature is also available for $15 less with PocketDay's Personal Edition
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschafers
I loaded this twice and never got it to work. The last time it said I was missing an element when I tried to get a weather update. Also, when I deleted it from my BB I had about a 20 minute period where I had no data service ( EDGE ). It seems that my BB had to re-initialize itself or something. It looks like a cool app but if someone using an 8700c on a BES could provide some guidance in setting this up I would appreciate it.
Have you tried reinstalling this. On a BES this should work without issue if MDS is installed. Leave Disable MDS Proxy unchecked.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
tnj4uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

weather.com/mobile

No complaints.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Another Choice

Not an automatically delivered service, but I personally like www.wunderground.com The site has good information, is customizable for location, loads quickly and the radar graphics are actually usable even with the small screen size.

Offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
txschafers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Have you tried reinstalling this. On a BES this should work without issue if MDS is installed. Leave Disable MDS Proxy unchecked.
So I am assuming I need to call Cinguilar and make sure I have MDS pushed down right?
Offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
txschafers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 115
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

gave up on BBWeather. I went to PocketDay and it works perfectly. EVERYTHING syncs. I had BB support on the phone twice and they even had me return my phone to a local Cingular store since they thought it might be a hardware/software issue. New 8700 working perfectly. I have wasted enough of my time on bbweather.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
bryan_malmquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Uncaught exception

Uncaught exception:
Process BBWeather(112)
killed due to message queue
overflow

Any thoughts or suggestions? This happens when I try to edit the profiles field, as soon as I click on Edit the BB locks up tighter then a you know what and I have to reboot. 8700c on T-mobile, MDS on BES is enabled (i am the admin).

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
cooperpwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 1,001
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschafers
gave up on BBWeather. I went to PocketDay and it works perfectly. EVERYTHING syncs. I had BB support on the phone twice and they even had me return my phone to a local Cingular store since they thought it might be a hardware/software issue. New 8700 working perfectly. I have wasted enough of my time on bbweather.
PocketDay is excellent! Good choice.

Perhaps try making Month View your start-up view (Settings/General, Start View: Month View). There is no better way to review your appointments; as you scroll along, all the information is at the bottom of the screen. Pressing V will then take you to your Summary View with your Weather and whatever else you put there.

One more point: If you uncheck Hide PD with ESC key (Settings/General), it will exit the program whenever you Escape out. Then when you go back to Weather it will refresh anew. You can turn off all automatic updating, save data, and always have the most up-to-date information (Weather, Stocks) automatically when you go to the Summary View.

Last edited by cooperpwc : 04-14-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_malmquist
Uncaught exception:
Process BBWeather(112)
killed due to message queue
overflow

Any thoughts or suggestions? This happens when I try to edit the profiles field, as soon as I click on Edit the BB locks up tighter then a you know what and I have to reboot. 8700c on T-mobile, MDS on BES is enabled (i am the admin).

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Try reloading the program. Haven't seen this before with this program.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.