04-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Blackberry 8700 Extended Battery wont fully charge with wall charger
Please Login to Remove!
Anyone having this problem...
My Blackberry 8700 Extended Battery wont fully charge with the wall charger. It gets to about 85% to 90% and stops. The only way to fully charge it is with the USB cable tethered to my laptop. What's also funny, is that last night it was 95% charged (via USB cable) and I unplugged it from my laptop and into my wall charger and this morning it's back to 85%.
I don't believe its the battery, and it might not be the wall charger. If the wall charger wasn't designed to charge this large of a battery, but that doesn't sound right, since it's just a function of time. My wall charger's output is 5vdc .75A (= 750mA).
Now I know the standard battery is 1000mAh and the extended battery is 1800mAh. But again, it's a function of time, not power to get it up to fully charge status.
Question 1: Does anyone have a wall charger that came with their 8700 that's different than mine, if so, what are the output specs? Maybe I have a very early phone charger since I picked up my BB 8700 once it was available.
Question 2: Any ideas??
Also, to answer some obvious questions:
- Already tried to fully charge it by leaving it alone for 24 hours.
- The laptop USB cable gets it to 100% without a problem, more than once now.
- My Blackberry 8700 is an 8700c from Cingular Wireless
- I am on AT&T Wireless will BB unlimited and it's also my voice phone.
- I love my Blackberry and since I'm a consultant, I've been pushing it to all my clients, who also love it! (Once I get them switched over.)
By the way, last night I loaded the 184.108.40.2064 software on my 8700c and that didn't resolve the problem. (I've had the battery for a week now.)
Everyone is awesome on here! Keep up the great work. This is one forum where you can go to it and get an educated response.