nsbalt - it's definitely not a browser issue as I've tried it on at least 5 different computers and the same thing happens. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I did call tmo again last night and the rep I spoke with seems to know whats going on but could not provide a solution. This apparently started happening when they rolled out the "new" my.t-mobile.com. Only some customers are affected by this bug and I am, unfortunately is one of them. He said they are working on a solution but could not give an ETA.
The BB 8700 is really nice and if I waited a few weeks to get this I think I can wait a little more for tmo to fix the issue.