I have a 7100i and I do not have the MMS menu option in my contacts nor anywhere else. It's not even mentioned in the BB's helpfile.
I contacted Nextel and asked them to provision my handset, as I paid for the 100 text messages a month plan. They walked me through how to force the BB to get the Service Books by doing the following:
- Go to Options->Security Options->General Settings->Click trackwheel->Master Radio Reset. '0000' is the password.
- Pull the battery.
- Hold power button for 30 seconds
- Reinsert battery. Wait for bootup.
- Turn on radio, wait for 'NXTL'
- Go to Options->Advanced Options->Advanced Routing->Click trackwheel->Register Now. Do this 3 times and wait for 3 message confirmations to be sent to your phone.
- Check Options->Advanced Options->Service Books->(MMS Client Service should be listed here.)
But it still doesn't show up. I'm starting to get peeved that text messaging isn't supported on a device so advanced. And no, I don't want to pay $50 for a BB Data Plan, my home connection is only $40 and is much faster and more useful.