BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jdjleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PacBell
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cingular Customers:

Please Login to Remove!

>

Last edited by jdjleo : 07-09-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Seattle18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,610
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That sucks, but I need some more important info from the inside guy - when is the updated BIS coming out??? When is the updated OS coming out? Will it include Zen? If not, will it at least have a vendor locked Zen in the code that we can utilize? When will the BBUnlim plan price get reduced?
__________________
My heart belongs to Liv...
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 04:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jdjleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PacBell
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
That sucks, but I need some more important info from the inside guy - when is the updated BIS coming out??? When is the updated OS coming out? Will it include Zen? If not, will it at least have a vendor locked Zen in the code that we can utilize? When will the BBUnlim plan price get reduced?

Those are great questions! And i wish i had great answers for you, unfortunately i am only a lowly Retail Sales Consultant! Privy to only the simplest information.

Last edited by jdjleo : 07-09-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
I posted this on another thread but i might as well share!

I work for Cingular so i can see into the future a little bit....kinda like "The Year 2000" on Conan O'Brien but without the cool special effects and music =P

BlackBerry Connect feature is going to be included in the contract on new devices in the very near future!

Meaning if you cancel the UnlData you will incur the $175 termination fee!


Rejoice!

I do not get what the implications of this are. Who does this affect and how?

Thanks.
__________________
--------------------------------------------
"World Champions. World F---ing Champions"...Chase Utley. As heard by my 6 and 8 year old sons.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So Cal
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 74
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
BlackBerry Connect feature is going to be included in the contract on new devices in the very near future!

Meaning if you cancel the UnlData you will incur the $175 termination fee!

Rejoice!

Just curious, where did you hear that from? CSP, BB rep, Cingular higher up?
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what's the difference between blackberry connect and the bb unlm plan?
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
matrixixix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eastchester, NY
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 56
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes it IS true. I read this an a release from Cingo.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
I do not get what the implications of this are. Who does this affect and how?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyson
what's the difference between blackberry connect and the bb unlm plan?

Anyone have an answer? You all seem to know the answer as you are talking about it- I am curious........give up some info
__________________
--------------------------------------------
"World Champions. World F---ing Champions"...Chase Utley. As heard by my 6 and 8 year old sons.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Model: 8310
PIN: 24273b23....which blackberry will i have next???
Carrier: ATT Mobility
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

was that info on CSP....if so what did u use as a search???
__________________
StinkyFeet
Pin 23FD59EB
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Baadshah7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ
Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Anyone have an answer? You all seem to know the answer as you are talking about it- I am curious........give up some info

what this means is that if you cancel your BB Unlimited Add-On Data Plan, you will be charged $175...So you're basically screwed if you can't afford to cough up an extra $44.99 the next month....
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
masonfoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
And on the BBUnl data plan i see no drop in price in the future. Very few people are turned off by the price of the necessary add-on, and we are very good at overcoming the objections of the few that complain. A lot of times businesses are picking up the tab on these or they are being written off for tax purposes by individuals so they dont really see it as money out of pocket, ya know?
Doesn't explain why T-Mobile sees fit to provide unlimited data for a significantly lower cost. What does Cingular offer in excess of T-Mobile to justify the difference in price (besides the tired "coverage" argument that doesn't apply to my particular circumstances)?
__________________
Cheers,
Mason

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jdjleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PacBell
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyson
what's the difference between blackberry connect and the bb unlm plan?
BlackBerry Connect is what the feature is called. Its Unlimited Data and you have to have it to make the BB push work as well.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought Blackberry Connect was the RIM licensed Blackberry Application for Non-RIM phones. I wonder if the OP was confusing this with Data Plans, which are Features and not part of the contract.

If the BB data Plan is put under the Voice Plan Contract and not a feature then one can assume that any discount on your contract Voice Plan would also be applicable to the Data Plan, which is not true at this time.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ragin cajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not far from Chocolate City
Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 120
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So must you pick up the blackberry connect seperate, along with your unlimited BB plan?
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jdjleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PacBell
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun
So must you pick up the blackberry connect seperate, along with your unlimited BB plan?

No no, im sorry somehow i got you guys confused.

Last edited by jdjleo : 07-09-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 11:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Solon, OH, USA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 708
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonfoley
Doesn't explain why T-Mobile sees fit to provide unlimited data for a significantly lower cost. What does Cingular offer in excess of T-Mobile to justify the difference in price (besides the tired "coverage" argument that doesn't apply to my particular circumstances)?
I don't think it's tired. No T-Mobile phone works at my house or at work. Not the BlackBerries, not the Nokia phones. Since this BlackBerry doubles as my only phone, is unacceptable to me. I expect to get service nearly 100% of the time. I don't see the value in paying 40% of the cost only to get service 40% of the time (or less). Also better building penetration due to 850 Mz band (850 and 1900Mhz for cingular vs. just 1900 for T-Mobile. although T-Mobile does have some 850Mhz roaming agreements I believe).

T-mobile does have as good or better internation coverage than Cingular (outside of United States). So that is a plus. Also T-Mobile, at least the business side, has much better customer service and technical support (IME) than Cingular. So T-Mobile wins on both accounts.

T-mobile is a steal, if you can get coverage / reception. I can't. But it sounds like you can.
Offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So that basically means if i am an 8700c customer who has the unl data plan and lets say in a few months i decide to switch to just a phone and drop the data plan...i could get charged that?
Offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jdjleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PacBell
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichiliano
So that basically means if i am an 8700c customer who has the unl data plan and lets say in a few months i decide to switch to just a phone and drop the data plan...i could get charged that?
No absolutely not. That wasnt part of your agreement at the time. This would only effect new customers signing new agreements and your rep (i hope) would go into detail about the contract and what it entails.
Offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Costa Rica
Model: 8700C
Posts: 58
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
I posted this on another thread but i might as well share!

I work for Cingular so i can see into the future a little bit....kinda like "The Year 2000" on Conan O'Brien but without the cool special effects and music =P

BlackBerry Connect feature is going to be included in the contract on new devices in the very near future!

Meaning if you cancel the UnlData you will incur the $175 termination fee!

Rejoice!
I'd just like to say Cingular Sucks.
I've had t-mobile forthe past 4 years, there answering machine system is so much better.
Wtih cingular you can't skip a message, what is up with that.
It's just such a frustrating experience, Cingular needs to just copy the T-mobile system or create an option to use a similiar scheme like t-mobile.

Checking voice mail is such a hassle.
__________________
My WallPapers for 8700 and MP3 Ringtone website

Last Update: August 6, 2006. Terra Patrick Wallpaper + new ringtone

PIN: 203CB747
Offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 07:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8700c
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaberkaber
I'd just like to say Cingular Sucks.
I've had t-mobile forthe past 4 years, there answering machine system is so much better.
Wtih cingular you can't skip a message, what is up with that.
It's just such a frustrating experience, Cingular needs to just copy the T-mobile system or create an option to use a similiar scheme like t-mobile.

Checking voice mail is such a hassle.
what are you talking about? you just hit the pound key to skip a message.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.