I dropped my 8700 in water . I dried it out and it works, but when I plug it into my computer to sync" it says that "the device has malfunctioned and cannot be recognized". Any advice on how to get it replaced?
A friend of mine dropped his in a cup of coffee. For some reason they wouldn't replace it under warranty.
I bought the Rogers special extended accident coverage (an extra $100+) for just such an eventuality. It allows you to be a complete doofus once (water, coffee, battery acid, it covers everything).
Last edited by cooperpwc : 06-12-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Thats good info. Im glad I removed the battery right away. I did the bake at 170 in the oven with a towel wrapped around it for 15 mins at a time. It worked. All of my functions are back. Hopefully this thing has nine lives and I have 4 more to go (dropped her a couple of times).