06-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Apr 2005
Carrier: T-Mobile USA, Vodaphone UK
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | New 8700g Blackberry User - Couple of Questions
Please Login to Remove!
I just got the t-mobile 8700g blackberry... so far so good, i really like the speed and size and i've actually transitioned to using it as my every day phone. couple of questions:
1) is there a way to turn off the blinking green status light? I only want it to light up red when i get a message/text/vm/missed call. I also do not want it to light up blue when I have BT on.
2) how do I program the side convinence key to bring up the address book? I don't see an option for contacts or address book in the settings
3) how come when I am in the phone / call log screen I cannot type someone's name to bring up their details like i could with the older 7230 blackberry? i now have to go to the address book to do this...
4) can I program the top mute button to do something? All what it does is mute a call when I'm on a call... but when i'm not on a call it doesn't do anything else
5) are there any good world clock freeware programs out there? I want to be able to display at least 3 timezones on the homescreen.
6) are there any good freeware IM programs that use only data (not sms) to send IMs? the built in program uses sms and i do not want to do that since I roam internatially all the time
7) this was a problem with the older bb's... is there a way to make it vibrate AND ring at the same time for calls/text/etc?
Thanks in advance!