BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8700 and Bentley Flying Spur Bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

I hope that at the very least someone can elaborate on this, I have been told by bentley and the "sales tech" that the 8700 bluetooth will not work with a flying spur, also the treo 650 will not either. I have tried both pins the one bentley says touse which is 16 characters and the 0000 and it fails everytime just says pairing error.

Anyone have any insight into what the problem is, luckly the car has a built in sim slot so I can at least stick in a secondary sim with a different number.
Offline  
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well it looks as if it has something to do with the rSAP bluetooth that bentley uses and only a few phones work, I guess I need to read up on that...
Offline  
Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Longer Registered.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A coworker of mine just asked me to help look for accessories to pair for his father-in-law's latest Bentley. I came with .. in his own words "ugly nokia phone" and wanted to use another kind of smartphone but no luck.

He purchased the MOTO Q and I just needed to verify if he was able to pair it.
 
Old 07-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
k40jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Des Moines, IA
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 189
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

YOU HAVE A BENTLEY FLYING SPUR? **** ME!!!!!! That is tits man!
__________________
Pin- 30124B18
- 7130e
Offline  
Old 07-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Liv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - Seattle, WA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,093
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hope your able to get it figured out. Unfortunately I don't own a bentley so I can't help you out.

but on a side note...Holy Freakin' Cow!! A Bentley Flying Spur!?!? Very cool!
__________________

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Offline  
Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Seattle18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,610
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had a Bentley Flying Spur, but I got rid of it because it just felt cheap. Now I roll in a Ford Windstar minivan. Much better...
__________________
My heart belongs to Liv...
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tumon Bay, GU
Model: 9000
Carrier: docomo Pacific, Guam
Posts: 191
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice Volkswagen. :p

No seriously though. VW Phaeton = Audi A8 = Bentley CFS.

Anyway, this is certainly a dilemna you have... You have a $165,000 car (assuming it isn't a Mulliner, which if it isn't you should be ashamed of yourself), that won't work with your awesome new $500 device. Effin' sucks.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 7100T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarza
Nice Volkswagen. :p

No seriously though. VW Phaeton = Audi A8 = Bentley CFS.

Anyway, this is certainly a dilemna you have... You have a $165,000 car (assuming it isn't a Mulliner, which if it isn't you should be ashamed of yourself), that won't work with your awesome new $500 device. Effin' sucks.
Of what relevance is your snide comment about what the original poster drives? The original poster has a problem and came here for advice on his BlackBerry, not on his taste in cars. Mean-spirited critical posts do nothing to help rectify the original posters problem; they merely make you appear envious
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
dulcamara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: RDU
Model: 9810
OS: 7.0.0.261
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 343
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, so we're envious.
__________________
BIS (ATT)
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
apaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durham Boonies-East of Toronto
Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Umm, that's $222,990 base price Canadian.
Tester: $227,465, includes destination charge, $3,895 and federal excise tax, $580. Yikes!

For that amount of dough, VW ought to throw in a custom made gold/platinum-plated BB, nein?
__________________
8700r Rogers

And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
Okay.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tumon Bay, GU
Model: 9000
Carrier: docomo Pacific, Guam
Posts: 191
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinzk
Of what relevance is your snide comment about what the original poster drives? The original poster has a problem and came here for advice on his BlackBerry, not on his taste in cars. Mean-spirited critical posts do nothing to help rectify the original posters problem; they merely make you appear envious
Wow. Way to make your first post a doozie.

Anyway, my post was not meant to be critical. I think the Bentley CFS is a grea car, just as much as I think the Phaeton and A8 are, so I think he has great taste. It's better than a Maybach 57 or S65. I simply have no answer for the guy's question, and I wanted him to know I felt his pain that all of expensive toys didn't work together.

Also, I'm not envious of anyone, including the OP. I have no need to be envious when I'm happy with what I have.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Arizona
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 495
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinzk
Of what relevance is your snide comment about what the original poster drives? The original poster has a problem and came here for advice on his BlackBerry, not on his taste in cars. Mean-spirited critical posts do nothing to help rectify the original posters problem; they merely make you appear envious
Nice first post! What else are you going to do to fit in with the group? Snide remark?!?!? Look around, btw, see where you dropped your sense of humor. Hope you find it...
__________________
Alberto
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Model: 8700c
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadful
I hope that at the very least someone can elaborate on this, I have been told by bentley and the "sales tech" that the 8700 bluetooth will not work with a flying spur, also the treo 650 will not either. I have tried both pins the one bentley says touse which is 16 characters and the 0000 and it fails everytime just says pairing error.

Anyone have any insight into what the problem is, luckly the car has a built in sim slot so I can at least stick in a secondary sim with a different number.
Dreadful,
I have bluetooth in my both of my 2006 Mercedes Benz. They make a nice kit but forgot the name. Look at http://www.benzworld.org/ and search bluetooth. I have it in my new E but have not had time to set it up. Let me know if you need more help and I may have a place where you can get this a bit cheaper then what is on the site. What did the Bentley dealer tell you?

zarza, easy with the S65 comment.... Nothing wrong with a little AMG.


Send me a PM if you need more direct info.

Regards

Last edited by endodoc : 07-08-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My wife gave me a flying spur, but I don't recall seeing Bently written on it. In fact, I don't recall anything after that.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 07-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tumon Bay, GU
Model: 9000
Carrier: docomo Pacific, Guam
Posts: 191
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endodoc
Dreadful,
I have bluetooth in my both of my 2006 Mercedes Benz. They make a nice kit but forgot the name. Look at http://www.benzworld.org/ and search bluetooth. I have it in my new E but have not had time to set it up. Let me know if you need more help and I may have a place where you can get this a bit cheaper then what is on the site. What did the Bentley dealer tell you?

zarza, easy with the S65 comment.... Nothing wrong with a little AMG.


Send me a PM if you need more direct info.

Regards
S65's are nice too (though I prefer the SL65), I'm just a VWAG fanboy. :p
Offline  
Old 07-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Arizona
Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 495
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
My wife gave me a flying spur, but I don't recall seeing Bently written on it. In fact, I don't recall anything after that.
Swelling will go down. Eventually.
__________________
Alberto
Offline  
Old 07-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Model: 8700c
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarza
S65's are nice too (though I prefer the SL65), I'm just a VWAG fanboy. :p
I just saw the first SL550 to come into the US yesterday. I have to be honest, it wasn't that nice looking. Very plastic and US looking car.
Offline  
Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just call 1-800-BENTLEY. Tell them your problem and they will dispatch a technician from Crewe. Expect a helicopter to land in your driveway shortly thereafter.

At least for what that thing costs, I would expect this type of service. . .
Offline  
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 91
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
I had a Bentley Flying Spur, but I got rid of it because it just felt cheap.
Me too, but another reason for me was because my 8700 didn't work via bluetooth so it was worthless to me.
__________________
BlackBerry 8700g
Offline  
Old 07-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
BBF Veteran
 
coreyg510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in Translation
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 3,190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
I had a Bentley Flying Spur, but I got rid of it because it just felt cheap. Now I roll in a Ford Windstar minivan. Much better...
Windstars are "tits" too man.
__________________
He's Back....and better than ever!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.