BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union, KY
Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Posts: 133
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8700 Nightmare

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys and Gals,

I have two 8700's rolled out currently one of them is fine and the other is just giving me every fit in the world. I've finally got it calm and Im on my last issue.

When this user receives an invite on the BB he can't ACCEPT the invite. He can see it, he can even open the invite but it doesn't have the option to accept it. I had the person who invited him send ME the same invite, I can accept it fine. I tried it on another 8700 and even they can see it fine. SO my question is: Why can't he see the "Accept" option?
Offline  
Old 06-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Wireless Calendar Sync must be enabled in order to see the "Accept" option. If you are using BES 3.6, change it in Desktop Manager / Intellisync. If you are using BES 4.0 or higher, change it in Calendar / Options on the handheld.

Hope that helps!
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union, KY
Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Posts: 133
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Wireless Calendar Sync must be enabled in order to see the "Accept" option. If you are using BES 3.6, change it in Desktop Manager / Intellisync. If you are using BES 4.0 or higher, change it in Calendar / Options on the handheld.

Hope that helps!

It is enabled on the Handheld side thats the strange part.

Plus he gets the actual invite on his inbox. I don't get it. Any other places to check?
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JerryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.106
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 877
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY03GT
It is enabled on the Handheld side thats the strange part.

Plus he gets the actual invite on his inbox. I don't get it. Any other places to check?
First, make sure Wireless Synchronization is turned ON in the BB's calendar (as noted in other posts).

Then, try deleting the Desktop[CICAL] and Desktop[CMIME] service books and either resend it from the BES, or simply connect to Desktop Manager (configured properly for the user's account), and it will come down over the wire. If you're on BES 4.0, you may find wired is slightly more reliable.
__________________
.
.
J

Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union, KY
Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Posts: 133
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD
First, make sure Wireless Synchronization is turned ON in the BB's calendar (as noted in other posts).

Then, try deleting the Desktop[CICAL] and Desktop[CMIME] service books and either resend it from the BES, or simply connect to Desktop Manager (configured properly for the user's account), and it will come down over the wire. If you're on BES 4.0, you may find wired is slightly more reliable.

Will Try this.

We are actually on Bes 4.1. Speaking of which I posted a topic on this already but are there any known issues with 7280s and BES 4.1?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.