07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Join Date: Jul 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Should I wait for 7100 or take 7290?
Please Login to Remove!
I know it's an obvious answer, but I'm under some special circumstances that might affect and would love your opinion on this: I'm in Mexico, I have an 8700c from the US and use it here with no problem, and want to get my wife a local blackberry. Our almost monopoly here is supposed to be selling the 7290 and the 7100 (and they recently added the 8700). My wife wants the full keyboard, and doesn't want to pay for the 8700. So we went for the 7100 (me thinking it's much better in: resolution, memory, signal reception) ... but these guys say they don't have any anywhere, and that I have to wait (no dates given) for them to bring the new ones ... for the ones that don't live in a 3rd world country, this is typical around here, no compromises, no dates, and absurd things. Anyway, my guess would be that they'll have it in 3-4 months. Most of her usage will be reading emails.
If you were in these circumstances, would you wait 3-4 months for the 7100 to come or take the 7290? I'd love for her to start using it, but you practically have to spend twice the money if I wanted to upgrade at that time.
I guess a more technical question would be:
What are the advantages of the 7100g over the 7290 for email service? Second usage would be internet access (not intense, just ocassional).